「She should have stayed in bed」☀︎

Lonely Boy with a toy Ukulele

I walked groggily to the carriages

I walked groggily to the carriages. I only woke up cause I slept long enough. Unfortunately, Tom didn't wake me up and that made me a tad bit annoyed, but it was fine I guess. It was the same routine like last time- Go to school and come back. I had only managed to have only one real friend, but she was in another house. The cold autumn breeze flew by my cheeks like a ton of shard glass. The trees in the forest beside me shuddered while the wind flew by. The coldness quickly snapped me out of my little rant. I shivered at my lack of warmth. I wrapped my arms around myself to attempt to warm up. To try to warm up I rubbed my hands together. I finally made it to the luggage area. I sniffled and wiped my runny nose with my long sleeve sweater. 'Great moms gonna be disappointed.' I slowly grabbed my stuff.

I walked into the Great Hall. The warm welcoming feelings filled my body. I smiled to myself. I looked around, and I spotted her. My smile grew wider knowing that I had spotted my best (and only) friend, Maya Lawrence. She had been talking to a group of friends and I silently cringed at how I was a Gryffindor and she was a Slytherin, total opposites! She looked my way and smiled. I waved back sheepishly. I started to walk toward Gryffindor table, but I stopped in my tracks. I could see Tom Riddle. He was at the very end of the Slytherin group; alone. I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. Confidentially I strolled toward his table and I could sense what felt like a million big wide eyes staring at me. My palms were sweaty, but I trudged on. I don't know why I did go toward him. 'He was a tad bit mean... maybe he just wasn't in the mood?'

I found him writing in a neat looking journal- Leather was the cover and had golden tips at the end of it. He wrote with such elegance, his pen wrote swiftly on the paper. He gave the journal his whole attention. I cleared my throat. His head slowly looked up to meet my eyes. "Yes?" His voice had a tone of annoyance. His left eyebrow lifted up in confusion. "May I sit with you?" I said carefully while pointing at the old wooden seat. "It is whatever you want, but may I remind you that you are a Gryffindor sitting at a Slytherin table." I scoffed, "So what? Just cause I'm a Gryffindor doesn't mean I can't sit here?" I actually was not quite sure if that's allowed or not. 'If it is not allowed then I'll say I didn't know.' He sighed, he looked me in the eyes again. Like the last time, he was searching for something. After what seemed like an eternity I broke the silence. "Well can I sit here or not?" With an impatient tone. He sighed "Do whatever you want I don't care." I sat down in front of him. He was already back at scribbling in his journal. "What are you writing?" I attempted to peak over and catch a glimpse to see his work. But to my luck no avail! He had quickly caught my poor attempt at snooping. "Miss Thornwell would you please ever so kindly not invade my privacy?" He said sternly. "Well, you didn't answer my question!" I huffed "Sorry to disappoint you Miss Thrownwell, but no I will not show you my work." I could feel myself get more annoyed. "Oh ok." I quickly snatched his journal, I closed it and put it to the side next to me. He gave me a quiet enraged looked, but I smiled goofily. His face reddened up, but he managed to keep his composure.  His slight slouch quickly disappeared. "Would you please give me back my journal." I looked down on it. It had the words, Tom Marvolo Riddle. It was imprinted in gold. "What a nice cover, it would be a shame if I opened it up," I said teasingly. He glared at me with what seemed like intense hatred. His eyebrows narrowed, he was getting impatient and I knew it. "Oh come o-" My words came to a sudden stop when Head Master Dippet came in front of the podium. His loud voice boomed "Welcome dear students to another year at Hogwarts!" Everyone cheered. I looked at Tom, but he didn't look like he was paying attention. I silently grabbed his pen and opened up the book. I flipped to a random page not bothering to look at the written ones. I quickly wrote a message. I looked up at him, smiled then slid the journal toward him. I didn't bother to pay attention to Professor Dippets speech. I was to busy staring at Tom and noticing features about him. But there weren't many things that stood out. To be honest, his face was rather plain.

I all of a sudden feel an arm wrap around. I jumped at the sudden contact. I snapped out of this trance Tom had seemed to put me in. "Well well, what do we have here!" I had recognized the voice! "Maya don't scare me like that!" I whined. I still hadn't moved my eyes away from Tom. 'Oh, I must seem like a creep!' I quickly looked away. "Yeah but it's so funny seeing you jump like that!" Her voice was nice; not too deep not too high pitched. She unwrapped her arm around me and poked my cheek and I turned to look at her, Her dark big brown eyes glowed with happiness, Her dark chocolate poofy hair shaped her face, It outlined her sharp cheekbones, Her big plump lips form a smile. "But still! It scares me" I laughed. I had noticed she glanced at Tom, finally noticing him. "Riddle." She said in a cold voice. I had never heard that tone from her before. "Lawrence." He said in an equally cold voice. Tension had risen in the air. But it quickly ended when I had noticed the Gryffindors departing. "Bloody hell I gotta go!" I quickly rushed out of the great hall. As a perfect, I had to lead the first years to the Gryffindor common room. I sighed in relief. "Alright gather around!" My voice boomed grabbing everyone's attention. I had looked around but couldn't find my male counterpart as a perfect anywhere. "Follow me!" We started walking as a group toward the staircases. Right before entering the staircases my partner finally arrived. "Where have you been? You expect me to take the first years up by myself?"I felt my heart pump faster as I get angrier. Don't let the small timid red headed boy look fool you! Caden Goldhart was a force to be reckoned with. He has all the Gryffindor girls tied under his strings! "Well I'm sorry darling, I was just" He paused. "We don't have time for dramatics Caden!" My voice getting louder each moment. "I was simply busy." My face burns with anger. "You listen here and you listen closely!" I leaned in his face close to mine. "I WILL BEAT YOU INTO YOUR NEXT LIFE!" He cradled his ear in pain from my loud voice. I walked away leading the first years to the staircases. "Now be careful the stairs move without warning." I warned while they all oohed while the we moved. 'Never gets old.' I smiled to myself watching the children's faces light up with glee. Then I spotted Caden. His big brown doe eyes staring at me. I sneered at him. We had arrived at the portrait of the fat lady. "Good evening," I said to her with a smile. "Ah good evening to you young lady. Would you like to hear me shatter glass with my magnificent voice?" If I accepted we would never get in. I noticed a body telling forward. "Mimbulus Mimbletonia" It was Caden. I turned toward him. "Excuse you! But I was obviously having a conversation!" He looked at me and shrugged. The portrait opened up and he walked in. I stomped right after him. "Whats your damage?" I yelled chasing after him. He stopped then turned to me. A sly smile grew on his face. "Nothing." I scoffed. "how did you even get into Gryffindor" I muttered.

After telling the first years the rules and some history, I went into my dorm and flopped onto the red velvet bed. I groaned loudly. "Well, what is it now!" The voice was familiar. "Just stupid Caden being stupid," I said my face still being covered by the soft sheet of the blanket, so it came out muffled. "Caden? But he's so sweet! I honestly don't see how you can have a problem with him!" She continued to gush over a boy she doesn't know, I sighed. 'This is why I don't have many friends.' I somehow was able to sit up. I looked the at the girl continue to gush. Her blonde hair perfectly brushed. Her sky blue eyes glistening with the hope that maybe Caden will notice her. Her petite nose and her whole face blushing from the embarrassment. I cleared my throat. She stopped talking. I looked at her sky blue eyes the type you could get lost in. Her plumped lips making an O shape. "Look Evelyn I don't care if you like Caden or not. So could you please! For the love of god! Just ask him out! You've had a crush on him since the first year! And if you aren't planning to anytime soon! Then shut up!" She looked at me flabbergasted. "sorry" she then laid down and turned her back. 'maybe I went to hard on her..' Guilt had hit me like a ton of bricks. I turned off the lamp and pulled the covers over me. I soon drifted to sleep, as day turned to night. 'I should have stayed in bed and never came back to Hogwarts.'

A/N hi I hope y'all like this chapter, sorry it took me so long to finish it!