「 envy 」☀︎

"But I hate to think about you with somebody else." -The 1975

en·vy
ˈenvē/Submit
noun
1.
a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.
"she felt a twinge of envy for the people on board"
synonyms:    jealousy, covetousness; more

.

How unlucky of me. I have seemed to have gotten myself tangled up in this mess by sparking a conversation. Adrain stood idly by as if waiting for someone. I could tell he was tense by the look on his face. I couldn't blame him Tom was a tad bit scary at times. Especially right now; Tom was glaring at Adrain with immense hatred. All I could do was sit there cause I didn't know what to say...What would you say in this situation? "H...ello Riddle...." I subconsciously cringed. Adrain's voice was like an injured puppy. Tom just sat there with no expression other then the one showing in his eyes. "Kirkland." Tom responded with a cold voice. I honestly wasn't surprised by this. Adrain is a non-mag parents so the majority of the time so people avoided him. I look down and started fiddling with my thumb wishing to just get out of here, and I started to feel a bit dumb.

I felt a large hand place on my shoulder. "Hey not even going to say hi?" I heard a familiar voice. I started to smile so wide my cheeks start to hurt at the sound. "Lucas!" I immediately sprung up from my chair to hug him, and Low and behold stood my childhood friend; Lucas Maxwell. I basically stood there awkwardly not knowing what to say. "So How's life?" I asked while pointing finger guns. I didn't know what to say. Ever since he cut off everyone I had convinced myself that I was never going to see him again. Him standing here broke my expectations, and I didn't know what to do. When Lucas's dad said he didn't want to come out and play him that shattered the concept of us ever talking again. "Well I'm living!" He said cheerfully with a smile. He has changed, but to be far I don't remember what he was like before the tragedy. I just remembered crying cause the thought of not crying made me cry. "I'm glad you're living." I said with a slight chuckle. The awkwardness had set in. We both stood there: it was less childhood friends and more like complete strangers that we are supposed to know. I fiddled with my finger behind my back. "Well that do you think?"

Arabella was a few feat away from us

Arabella was a few feat away from us. The only thing taking up space was the table and chairs. She walked toward us with a sense of pride and her hair swaying. I mentally slapped myself for forgetting that we weren't the only ones sitting at the table. I noticed that Tom was giving major death glares to Adrain. Adrain noticing the threatening aura surrounding Tom silently sat with tense shoulders. Being the person I was I decided the best decision was to escape and find Maya. I quickly stepped back knowing that Lucas and I weren't as close anymore. I scanned the room for an escape out of this social torment. Evelyn and Arabella walking over now this was my chance to escape. Guilt surrounds me knowing that I'll leave Adrain and I don't want to be a bad friend. My moral compass told me to stay but my anxiety told me to leave.