「The sun and the moon」☀︎

"Alone again" Chamber of reflections -Mac de Marco

lone·li·ness
ˈlōnlēnəs/Submit
noun
1.
sadness because one has no friends or company.
"feelings of depression and loneliness"
2.
(of a place) the quality of being unfrequented and remote; isolation.
"the loneliness of the farm"

What seemed like forever trying to comfort Evelyn, I had managed to be late to detention

What seemed like forever trying to comfort Evelyn, I had managed to be late to detention. I knocked on the door of the Divination. "Come in." I heard Mr.Trelawney say. He looked at me with slight disappointment "You're late Ms.Thornwell, your partner is already here." I held my breath wondering if he was going to give me extra detention for being late. "But do not fret, you're late for a good reason. Now come with me I have to give you your task. And don't worry I already notified Professor Dumbledore about you having to come to detention." Staying silent the whole time was the easiest part. The hardest was walking all the way up to the Astronomy Tower. When we got up there Tom was dusting the telescopes. "I left some books, you both will be done at 1 am" I sighed while watching him disappear down the stairs.

 "I left some books, you both will be done at 1 am" I sighed while watching him disappear down the stairs

I decided to make the best out of the situation by reading. I grabbed the first book of the 3 book pile. It had a red cover with stars surrounding the word Zodiac. I ran my hand through the cover in awe. I ran up to Tom who was dusting an old telescope."Hey, look at this!" I shoved the book in his face. Irritated he snatched the book out of his face. "I have to spend four hours up here as punishment for your mishap, and I would like to spend that four hours in silence" he said coldly. I huffed out of frustration. Why is he so difficult. I stormed off to the pile to grab the second book.

"Tom do you know what time it is?" I yelled loud enough so he could hear me. "10:39" His voice filled the room. I let out a groan of defeat. I had been reading this book for 30 minutes, but it felt like hours. Bored, I walked to where Tom was. "When's your birthday?" I inquire. "And why does it matter?" His voice was like ice. "Fine! Spend the rest of the 4 hours in silence!" I snapped and started to walk back to my original spot. "December 31." He whispered ever so quietly. I felt a smile tug at my lips. "Thank you, that's all you needed to say." I flipped to a page with the words Capricorn, I sat there and studied it.

Soon I was finished with the whole book. My legs were aching like I hadn't walked for ages. I decided to walk around and stretch. I walked up to Tom who was looking off into the distance but wasn't looking at anything in particular. His eyes wandering around the Forbidden Forest. I stood there with him. Looking up at the stars; a graveyard of dead stars "Or a bunch of tiny freckles that light up." Saying stuff out loud was like second nature. But I wasn't alone. "What?" His eyes screamed confused and he looked at me like I had spoken in another language. "Oh sorry, it just slipped out." I started to bite my nails as I felt my cheeks flush from embarrassment. "Its fine no need to apologize." I looked toward him. I realized this was the first real time he's ever been kind toward me. He was still looking at the stars, but his eyes were glued on looking out on the world. "What are you afraid of." I ask remembering the list of topics my sister had given me. "Whenever you want to have a conversation just ask one of these questions." He opened his lips to answer. "Nothing" He simply states. I sigh almost laughing at his response "That's impossible everyone fears something! It wouldn't make sense!" My expectations were broken by that response but I didn't get the feeling that he was lying. He smirked "Well what about you? What are you afraid of?" A soft hum could be heard from my throat as I thought of a response. "Well, I'm not afraid of love" I paused thinking of the right words to say for once I couldn't find the right words to say. "I guess I'm afraid of losing it." I sigh in relief finally getting off my chest. It was silent but this time it wasn't an awkward silence. The thick humid air made it slightly less cold. My words joining the moist air. "Ya know?" I say breaking the silence, he nodded. I stare at him in disbelief. He stares back, but this time when I stare into his eyes it wasn't dull like last time. This time it held a spark. Then all of a sudden it felt like my heart was in my throat. "You're honestly quite plain looking." I blurt out due to nervousness. His eyes widen out of my sudden comment. "Sorry I-I didn't mean it to sound rude! You're actually not that plain looking! More like a mystery I guess.." He then chuckles, I felt my heart skip a beat when he did. "You're not that interesting looking yourself" He responds with a laugh. My face heated up and I smacked his arm and he raised his eyebrow "I'm just messing with you" he said with a smirk "you're actually quite interesting serenity" I smiled. It's odd seeing him show emotion for once. He actually looked human. But I'm not gonna lie, it's nice seeing him laugh.

Soon we both sat down on the floor next to each other, with an hour left of detention. But I was bored out of my mind. "You know you used to scare me." I say sleepily. A smile threatened to form at the corner of his lips. "Really?" He raised his eyebrow again "yeah" I confessed. He really did scare me sometimes. "You just seen angry all the time..." I mutter while laying my head on his shoulder not realizing my actions "Oh really?" I heard him say quietly "Mhm". It was becoming harder to keep my eyes open. Soon I felt darkness consume me when I couldn't open my eyes.

He sat there ; feeling her weight press against his shoulder. Slowly the weight under his eyes grew. Soon he gave up on fighting it, and closed his eyes. Letting his head drop and finally sleep.

 Letting his head drop and finally sleep

"Hey wake up." A familiar voice said while shaking my shoulder. My eyes shot open. I quickly lifted my head up from toms shoulder, my face heated up with embarrassment. I fell asleep on his shoulder?! What is wrong with me! "What time is it?!" I say with panic. "5 am" I look at his tired face. "5 am?!!" My voice rising with panic. Tom was now in front of me, but his hair was out of place, which is weird since he's always put together. "We have to go!" I quickly rushed and grabbed all my things. I stared at Tom with wide eyes! "You look terrible!" I say. He gives me a disgusted look "sorry" I say. How do I always end up insulting him without intention. "Your hair!" I exclaimed, He huffed out of frustration, and he crossed his arms. "Well, what are you doing just standing there! We have to get to our common rooms!" He yelled we both rushed out of the tower. While rushing downstairs I saw a dark black cat "Bloody hell, Lucky!" I mutter while picking him up and trying to catch up to Tom. "Wait for me" I say while running down after him. The whole way we walked together was silence. So many questions just rushed through my mind. As we were about to part our separate ways to our common rooms he grabbed my arm "I'd appreciate if you mention this to no one" he said coldly. It sent chills to my spine. With that he disappeared. His sudden change of mood was kind of scary...from having emotions to becoming a robot again. I felt bad.

____________________________

A/N: Sorry if this was kind of boring
But writers block really sucks