「Head in the clouds」☁︎

:somethings just aren't that simple: -4ever by Clario

I woke up feeling the bags under my eyes. I woke up two times randomly in the middle of the night from strange dreams. I forced my body to sit up and get out of bed. My legs aching every time I walked. I looked surprised when I saw a jet black cat with bright green eyes walk up to me and meow. "wait how did you get here!" I started to panic! "Shoo! Lucky! Stop!" He kept purring and tailed behind me. How did he get here! Did I forgot him at him! Were there more things I forgot? 'MY WAND!' I couldn't have! I paced back and fourth. Evelyn walked up to me, her hair neatly brushed her robe seemed more fresh and she wore blush and lip stick that looked great on her. "What is the matter Serenity?" I stopped pacing. "I lost my wand!" I said with anxiety rising. Her eyes widened from the second hand anxiety that's radiating off of me. "She grabbed my shoulders and looked me straight into the eyes. "Calm down, get dressed and we'll look for it. Don't worry we have time breakfast is just starting." Her voice was reassuring. I panted from my blood rushing to my head, my head started to burn. "Alright."

After five minutes of looking, we both decided to go eat. While eating in the great hall I saw Lucky walk bye with a letter in hand. He jumped onto the table and left it there. It had a pink envelope, I slowly grabbed it with anticipation. I opened it then realized that it was a mistake. "SERENITY MARIA THORNWELL! DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WAS THE BEST IDEA TO LEAVE YOUR WAND AT HOME! WHILE GOING TO A WIZARDING SCHOOL! AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON HOW YOU LEFT YOUR CAT! NEXT TIME YOU WILL GET YOUR ARSE BACK HOME! YOU'RE SO LUCKY WE FIGURED OUT HOW TO SEND LUCKY WITH YOUR WAND TO SCHOOL! Love Mommy" I sat there in silence and shock. "And dad!" my father's voice added. "And tell dear Arabella to write us." I stared at my sister sitting at the Ravenclaw table, she looked back at me with her face slightly amused that her little sister got a howler. Then I realized the letter ate itself up. My cheeks reddened with embarrassment. I heard a male voice yell "SERENITY GOT A HOWLER!" The whole Gryffindor table burst into laughs. I put my head down from the embarrassment. Someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up not wanting to be bothered. "well at least you found your wand." Said Evelyn I sighed and quickly put my head down for a while. I felt two hands on my shoulder "don't worry little sis you'll be alright" my sister chuckled as I mentally rolled my eyes. I looked back up at her "what do you want Bella" her smile kinda faded and she rolled her eyes at me "I just came to see lucky, I missed the little fart. Plus you already know I'm his favorite" she said as she pet him. I laughed "you wish" she smiled "whatever kid, I'll see you later" she said while ruffling my hair. She turned and left as her long hair flowed along with her. I actually admire my sister quite a bit.

Once I finished breakfast ( even though I wouldn't call that a breakfast) I dragged my body to go to the Divinations classroom

Once I finished breakfast ( even though I wouldn't call that a breakfast) I dragged my body to go to the Divinations classroom. I felt someone's eyes burn into me. I turned around to confront them. "What do you want!" I assumed it was my sister but presented in front of me was Tom Riddle, and my cat was following him. "Oh sorry, I thought you were someone else." Some more students passed us by. "It seems that your cat has been following me. He had something in his mouth, which I assumed was your wand." He pulled my long wooden wand out of his robes. The silver in his tie shining. "Yes, it is thank you." I reached out to grab it but he didn't hand it to me right away. "Dogwood" He looked at my wand in his hands intensely."It's core is unicorn hair, stringed with a dragon heartstring?" I nodded. Being tired of him 'playing around' I quickly snatched my wand. "13 inched" He muttered. "Is that all?" I huffed out of frustration. "No, your cat seems to be following me." I sighed and shot a glare toward my cat. But of course, he wouldn't understand. "Well I am very sorry, but I am afraid there is nothing I can do. Lucky hasn't gotten his claws cut."I say with a tad bit of resentment. Maybe I was bitter cause he had been so rude on the train. I looked at the cat rub himself against Tom's leg while purring. "What class do you have?" I questioned while he looked down at my cat. "Divination." He states while petting my cat. "Great me too, c'mon." I motioned him to follow me. While he stared blankly at me, just standing there. "Well? Are you coming or not?" He was must have been annoyed or something, cause he just walked past me going toward the North Tower. "Well excuse you." I muttered while following him. I scowled at my cat.

Soon we reached the top of the tower after what seemed like a million stairs! "I'm so tired" I mindlessly say. "Well you should have prepared."
"When did I ask for your opinion." I snapped
"Well you shouldn't have said it out loud then." He said with a tone of sass.
"Well I wasn't speaking directly to you." It was beginning to seem impossible to keep calm.
"I'm just saying-" I was about to start insulting him when the door slammed open. I yelped, Tom gave me a weird look. "What? That startled me." Someone cleared their throat and we both turned to see Mr. Trelawney was staring at both of us with a clearly annoyed expression. "I knew yall were coming, but next time be quieter, and you are both late. Detention!" My face went pale. "B-But that's not fair! You knew we were going to be late!" I pleaded for him to take it back. "oh and by the way Tom you have a note in your diary." My knees felt like spaghetti noodles. "Sir, please I have duty tonight!" I continued to chase after him! "I know." I had pursued him to his desk in front of the whole class staring at me. "Best give the task to Goldhart." He said with a smirk. His curly brown hair slightly changing a darker color due to the sudden light change. "Go take a seat with Riddle." He smiled and dimples formed. My nose flared up from disgust. I went to take a seat with Tom. Once I sat down Tom started to open up the note I left in his journal. He stared at the note reading it over and over again.

"She was the sun and he was the moon, she died everyday just so he could get a look at the world from his view"

We looked at each other staring deep into each other's eyes. His deep dark brown eyes were like a sea of chocolate that I could get lost in. I started to feel multiple things at once. A swarm of butterflies in my stomach was nervousness. My cheeks heated up cause I felt vulnerable. I hated feeling of vulnerableness I started laughing out of fear that he could see right through me. "What it's just a poem?" I passed the crappy poem off as a joke. "3" I couldn't read him or tell what he was thinking. "2" He cleared his throat. "well it's not bad it's just simple."  I started to feel something weird. I didn't like this feeling. "Well, why do you care!" "1" The door to the classroom opened up. Stood there was Albus Dumbledore. "You can take her." Mr. Trelawney said not paying attention. Professor Dumbledore had a kind smile. "Alright, Ms.Thornwell please come with me." I looked toward Tom but he wasn't looking at me. "What is your head in? the clouds?" I said directed to him. I stood up grabbed my books and left. "No, but yours is." He muttered knowing she wouldn't hear it cause she was already gone.

____________________________

A/N : hope u guys enjoyed :)
Working on the next chapter
I feel like some things might not make sense...idk I'm editing the book as The other kid writes it that's all