five .

september 3, 1943

The sunny day provided good vitamin D and Miss Peregrine insisted the pair of pale got a good tan. So, now both Enoch and Thomas sat under the shade of a tree. Despite the environment change it made Thomas more eager to practice sooner and thought the sun was way better then the darks of Enoch's room.

"Okay try this bunch", Enoch had a dead bouquet of roses in one hand and one of lavenders in the other. Thomas finger tips barely grazed it and the flower's nature started to flourish again.

Snap, Snap. "Emma I think you took two", Abe voice was giggly when the pair looked up. The two teens were caught in their act. Emma had a camera in her hands as Abe was standing behind him, two pieces of film leaving the camera.

"Hurry, before Enoch gets mad", Abe whispered to Emma as she brought Thomas into her feet. "Hey what are you doing we are practicing", Enoch snarled. "Don't get yourself in a twist, it's either you or Victor is snogging her all the time. We deserve some time with her", Emma said while Abe continued to nod.

"I do not snog her", Enoch had a slight blush on his face before Abe hooked his arm with Emma. "Whatever you say Enoch", Abe chuckled while Emma walked over to another tree.

"You know Enoch and Victor has taken quite the fancy for you", Abe told her while he tied a rope to Emma's face. "More like heads over heels for her. Tom my friend you have boy trouble", Emma chuckled giving Thomas a pat on the back.

"I don't think they fancy me", Thomas blushed and looked back to where Enoch was. Now Victor was with him both laughing giving a smile to Thomas' face. "Even a blind man could see it. But, I'm still quite confused at which one you love", Abe kept his grip on the rope as Emma went to put the squirrel back.

"I don't know what you're talking about", Thomas watched as Abe pulled back Emma to the ground. "Any whos what is your peculiarity if you don't mind me asking", he was curious not seeing her type in any peculiar book he read.

"I guess you can say it's like a copy cat that's messed up. But, the only one that's been with me forever is healing. So far I can only copy Enoch's but, mine has a few twinks compared to his. He has theoried what triggers me is a bond. We don't want to hurt anyone so it's best if I stick to this", Thomas picked up a fallen branch and brought it all to there faces. The branch had started to flourish with white flowers. Emma brought up the camera again and took a snap of her while the branch continued to sprout leaves and flowers.

"That is quite beautiful Ms. Fincher", Abe complimented her. "Thank you, Abe", Thomas plucked one of the flowers and put it in Emma's hair.

"Let's go back home", Emma took Abe's hand while Thomas walked in front of them. Thomas suddenly stopped when her legs had gave out and her chest became tight.

"Tom breathe look at me In - Out", Abe went to her side and held her while Emma spoke to her. "Okay we are good", Abe supported her as Thomas' breathing became stable.

"Tom has this ever happened before", Abe asked her through her fading hair. "Never this bad", Thomas looked at the ground as Abe looked to Emma with a worried look.

▪ ▪ ▪

"Hello Olive, how may I help you in this wonderful night", Thomas opened the door to the red head who were both in night gowns. "It's the other children, they keep fussing and I think you're the only one who can fix it", she explained the situation as Thomas followed her. Whatever the others want she had to get them, she had the biggest soft spot for them all.

"Claire what's wrong", the blonde was cradling something while the others surrounded her. "Oh Thomas it was terrible, the kitten was so weak we tried everything. She just stopped",Fiona escaped Hugh's arms to go to Thomas'.

"Hey why don't I try something", she rubbed Fiona's back before facing Claire who had a tabby cat in her arms. Thomas wanted to do anything to see the others smile again. She never wanted them to cry or get worried.

Thomas put her hands over the cat, focusing all her energy into it. Folding the energy then placing it on top like a blanket. She removed her hands expecting the kitten to gasp but, nothing. After all kittens and flowers were very different. "I am sorry I tried everything I could", Thomas looked at her feet when a squirrel came out of Claire.

"Thomas, you did it. Thank you", Fiona hugged her again as the tabby cat purred against Claire hands. "It's no problem. Olive can you bring me back to my room", Thomas smiled at the children who wiped away there tears as she was feeling faint. Olive wrapped her gloved arms around the girl and supported her going up the stairs.

"Thank you Thomas", Olive said while getting her to bed. "It's nothing much, they all deserve all the happiness in the world it was the least I could have done", she smiled as Olive left her room.

(edited)