nine .

september .

Enoch barely left Thomas' bedside hoping she was just exhausted and had a very faint breathing. That she would open her eyes revealing her brilliant pale blue ones. All the children refused to bury her. He resulted to hold her small hand against his. They were very soft despite all the work she did. Every line had a story but hers were cold. The room became unbearable and he fled her side.

His room was dim as usual. All the flowers in the room had died, their petals falling everywhere leaving the scent of her. Enoch picked up the letter again.

▪ ▪ ▪

' How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of being and ideal grace.

I love thee to the level of every day's

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

I love thee freely, as men strive for right.

I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.

I love thee with the passion put to use

In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints.

I love thee with the breath,Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death. '

Enoch O'Connor you shall always have my heart. This was my choice.I love you until my last breath and more

▪ ▪ ▪

"I thought you would like this. They are the originals, I have the copies if anything ever happens to them", Abe entered the dark room and handed him an envelope. "Enoch you know she loves you so much, Thomas would want you to be happy", Abe gave the boy a man hug getting a 'thank you' from the other.

He opened the envelope to find a pair of pictures. One was a picture of Thomas it was still new she was holding a branch as it began to bloom with flowers. She was frozen in time with a mysterious smirk as she looked forward. The other picture was one of him and her. The day both were forced out of his room and practiced on more flowers. Enoch held a loving stare at Thomas who had placed the flowers into his hand, her smile wide.

▪ ▪ ▪

"Enoch what are you doing", Victor peered from his door as the other boy dashed with all his utensiles in his hand.

"Enoch, please don't tell me what you are doing what I think you are", Victor notice the cow heart in a jar in his hand. "Stay out of the way Victor", Enoch growled while his bags from no sleep and messy hair made him more animalistic then ever. "SHE WOULDN'T WANT THIS",Victor started pounding against Thomas' locked door.

"I am back, my love", he set down the things in his hand then tucked her hair behind her ear. Enoch was about to unbutton her shirt, when she rose.

"Where am I, who is this. who's there", her body started to speak but she still didn't have sight as she panicked. Enoch embraced her whispering sweet nothings until she relaxed and her body went limp again. Victor broke open the door just in time to see all the mishappenings.

Enoch started to sob all over again, he wanted more time. "Her soul is broken. She ripped to much out to give. Enoch, there are peculiars who can fix her", Victor fussed up his research to him.

"How do you know this", he softly placed Thomas' head on the pillow, kissed her temple and wiped away the tears going down her cheek. "Because part of her lives in me", Victor then left him.