twelve .

Jake had returned and after the heated conversation with Miss Peregrine, she had left him with Miss Avocet. "Oh how frustrating for you. It been Miss Peregrine's rules to my hostly and this little pipe not to scare you off. It's like no one is telling you anything!", Enoch rounded off the corner with Olive, sarcasm oozing from his voice.

"So why don't you then.It's not like you want me here?", Jake got nose to nose with the dead-riser. "Enoch, you can't. You promised. You promised all of us, you promised her.", Olive had a warning tone. "Olive is right. I do know someone who can break the rules though. Want to meet her?", Enoch squinted his eyes.

"Enoch, don't do this! Please", Olive tried grabbing onto his shirt to stop him as they past the other children playing in a room. "You wanted me to spend time with me and Jake. We can all play together. That's what you said", he said still walking down the hall.

"Well here we are", Enoch announced while they stood in front of the door that had lavenders hanging from the door knob. Olive had moved in front of them blocking off the boys. "Move Olive", he warned her.

"If you're going to be like that, then I don't want to be your friend", Olive ran out of the hallway. "Enoch! Leave Tom alone. It really upsets everyone. Victor especially. You know she always cries after", Fiona came out of the room, she was the last chance to stop him. Enoch's heart ached knowing she always cried every time.

"Stop fussing, Fiona. Don't you think Jake should meet everybody?", he put his hands on the girl's shoulders. "He's trying to frighten you away, Jake. He was always jealous of Abe and now he's jealous of you. Cine and play with us instead", Fiona tried talking sense to the other boy. But, this was true, Enoch was always jealous of Abe. If he had been able to see the hallows maybe everything would have turned different, he could have saved them.

"I'd quite like to meet Thomas", Jake stuttered as Enoch rubbed Fiona's hair and he opened the door. "After you", the room had a never ending smell of a meadow while the window gave more sunlight then Enoch's room will ever have.

"Hello Thomas. I'm Jake. I am sorry to disturb", Jake walked closer to the bed to find the girl awfully pale. Her body didn't move at all or even a little vibration or heart beat. "Yeah she can't hear you", Enoch went closer to her and softly touched her cheek.

"My love, I need you to wake up now", he whispered into her ear. Before their eyes she rose straight up. "Enoch is that you. I'm scared, Enoch. Is Victor okay? Who's there", Thomas was still deathly pale and her eyes glazed a silver now almost black. Enoch had backed away this time instead of comforting her as she snapped her head where Jake was. Jake was in utter shock as he ran down the stairs. He bumped into Victor and took a second glace at his pale blue eyes. It did not match him, Bronwyn had dark brown eyes too. Jake's mind flashed back to the pictures he looked threw thousand's times before. Victor had brown eyes.

"Victor what happened to", "Oh Jake I know I am handsome and all but don't fall for me. I don't swing that way, say it's time for the walk", Victor dusted off pretend dust on the other's shoulders and nervously laugh already knowing what he was going to ask.

"I am sorry my love. I know I promised the last time", Enoch went to her side. "Enoch, it's not fun. Please it's s-", Thomas went limp in his arms again. His peculiarity never gave him enough time. As softly as he could he laid her back in bed and fixed her blankets. Kissing her temple he then left her room.

"Enoch daily walk", Miss Peregrine softly tapped on her pocket watch motioning him to be out the door.

▪▪▪

"Emma, what happened to Thomas and Victor? Was it the people with white eyes?", Jake slowed down as the two parted from the group. "I asked you not to ask questions", Emma took his hand and started leading him to her hideout.

When they had arrived Emma had cleared away her room of the water and opened a crate reveling the things his grandfather left behind for him. She had showed him the map of all the loops and book of the wrights. Both of them set out to find Miss Peregrine and watched her do her chore.

They were perked over a wall while Miss Peregrine waited and constantly checked her pocket watch. "Ymbrynes usually pick the perfect date to create a loop. But Miss Peregrine had to do this in a rush.", Emma told the other. "Why?", Jake was utterly confused.

"Because the Germans were about to drop a bomb on our house. The point is September 3rd, 1943 wasn't perfect. The thing that killed Victor came back", Emma voice went grim as Jake kept his attention to Miss Peregrine.

The same thing that he saw when he found his grandfather was approaching Miss Peregrine. "Wait wat-", Jake half shouted as Emma shut him up. "Stop your going to lose her focus", Miss Peregrine shot the monster and it landed exactly where the white paint was on the grass. She then smirked to herself and walked back to the house.

"Emma what do you mean the thing that killed Victor", Jake said while she put back her shoes on. "No one else can. It's invisible, Jake. That was Abe's greatest gift of all. He could see the monsters. We call them 'Holocaust'. Hollows for short. Victor he was killed. Thomas had a peculiarity no one heard of before. She saved him, brought Victor back. But she gave herself in place of him. Come Miss Peregrine would explain more", Emma explained while bringing Jake back to the house.

▪▪▪

~back at the walk (Olive)

"Excuse me, are you new", Olive fell behind to the boy with a mess of black hair. "Ah yes, I guess I am" , Eliot wiped away his swollen eyes as he walked faster trying to avoid her. "Why were you crying", Olive stopped him while the others continued walking. "My I shouldn't be like this. My name is Eliot. Eliot Fincher", he brought his hand to shake hers. "O-olive. Are you related to Thomas. Thomas Fincher", she shook his hand, rubber against flesh.

"Yes, my sister. She's the reason I'm here. Did you know her?", his eyes widen to get to know his sister through other people's perspective. "Yes she was a wonderful girl. Thomas brought joy to everyone, She made everyone smile", Olive flashed back to the back of Enoch's head. They had continued their walk conversation never leaving the pair of new friends.

"I think I like you Olive", Eliot smiled and they both made it back to the house and went there ways.

▪▪▪

"Oh Thomas", Miss Peregrine entered her room. Small trickles of tears were falling off her face as her ymbrye wiped them off. Miss Peregrine had hugged her child before fixingthe sheets around her to make her comfortable.

"Miss Peregrine, I think I would like to start now. Miss Avocet has also woken again", Eliot knocked on the door. "Yes of course Eliot bring her back to us", Miss Peregrine said as she left the room.

(edited)