six .

Thomas had visitors going in and out of room. The warmth spread to her hands as she started to shift around.

"Enoch", her voice was scratchy and she brought her arm to hold it. "Here don't talk for now", he handed her a glass of water. She took big gulps of the liquid relieving the burn in her throat.

"W-what are you doing here?", her voice was still hoarse. "You have been out for two days now. Just what did you do, Tommy you were barely breathing", Enoch grabbed her hand again softly running his thumb over her palm.

"It doesn't matter as long the others were happy, I couldn't care less.", she said softly and looked out the window. "It does matter we could have lost you. I could have lost you", he let his feelings run over his mouth.

"Enoch look at me but, I am still here am I not leaving anytime soon", she gave him a sweet smile before caressing his face. Slowly he closed the gap his lips ghosting over hers. It was a short and sweet which both sent butterflies in their stomachs.

"Hey I told you she was awake", her door slammed open and sat back on his chair. "Millard go put on some clothes", Thomas knew his voice anywhere. "Whatever you say Tom", Millard voice rolled as she imagine him rolling his eyes.

Enoch moved closer to her again and placed another kiss on her lips. "Ahem and you guys say I am rude", Millard spoke again. "Millard. Clothes. Now", she ordered him again. The dead-riser rolled his eyes with both of his cheeks noticeably pink.

▪ ▪ ▪

Enoch left her to give her some privacy. Thomas' first few steps were
similar to a deer taking it's first steps. Who knew two days of sleeping could have taken such a toll on her body. Finally she got readjusted to walking and opened her door outside.

"Hello Thomas, nice to see you up and about", Horace was the first to greet her and went to shake his hand. A whirl of images and screams went through her mind as their hands collided.

"Horace did you see that", Thomas went to gasp for air seeing the images over and over. "Don't know what you're talking about. But, I want you to be safe and not to do anything stupid in the next couple of days. Please Thomas", he let go of her hand before going inside the library.

▪ ▪ ▪

many september 3rds, 1943 later

"Can you hand me the scissors", Enoch asked her. "Scissors", she placed them into where his hand should be but, the metal object fell straight to the floor in his dim room. Thomas kept looking out of the window watching the others. Millard and Victor were playing soccer. Horace seemed to be deep in his book as he read out loud to Brownyn. Fiona and Hugh were looking around in her garden with the kitten they named Curiosity . Claire and the twins looked like they were picking up stray flowers and giving them to Olive. While Emma and Abe exit the backyard hand in hand back into the house.

"Can I get a kiss", Enoch was now standing behind her and she went to kiss his cheek. "Okay Tommy what is wrong", he got concern for his still unofficial girlfriend who wouldn't do anything just so willingly. "Nothing is wrong", she put her head on his chest while he wrapped his arms around her. "Say Miss may I keep you forever", he said while inhaling her smell of lavenders. "Only if I get to do the same", she sealed the deal with a kiss.

"It is a beautiful day, would you like to take a walk with me Mr. O'Connors", Thomas admired how big his hands were compared to hers. How his hands did things no one else could , bringing back only of his creation and choice. "It is only became a beautiful day when you had came around, my love", Enoch intertwined their hands together after giving him one of his many knitted sweaters.

▪ ▪ ▪

The noon time was relaxing for the pair as they walked through the endless amount of trees. "Enoch, I think you stole my heart", Thomas blurted when they both stopped walking. "Love, I think you had stolen mine too", he brought his hand to cup her face. "I mean to say that I love you", she placed her hand on top of his. "Here I want you to keep this", the boy removed a ring from his ring finger and thread it on hers. "But, Enoch- this is yours", she looked down at the black ring that had E.C initials engraved in silver. "I want you to have it Thomas Fincher, just a little sign to show who anyone will mess with if they are too close", he admired the ring on her finger. "Thank you Enoch. To be fair, I know Olive has eyes on you. I want to shout to the world that you are mine, but til then", Thomas herself pulled out a silver chain around her neck. In the center was a small carving of a Finch bird, the last remaining from her family. She had laced it around his neck before putting the binding on her tip toes. Blue eyes met each other.

"Thank you and you have nothing to worry I have my eyes on you. You also own my heart", Enoch grabbed her hand and put it on his chest to meet his rapid beating. "And you have mine", she moved closer to him and he leaned down slightly before giving her another kiss.

One kiss turned into two to so many more. Thomas found herself against a tree trunk and her fingers going through his dark locks while his hand went around her waist. A loud snap broke them apart seeing a fuming Victor stopping away.

"Victor", Thomas yelled for him but Enoch took a hold on her wrist. "Victor just needs to cool off, I don't want you getting hurt", he brought her back into his embrace.

-----

a lil fluff before the hurricane.