eight .

september third, nineteen fourty-three

the bright and sunny day turned dark for the peculiars. Ms. Peregrine had constantly went out and in the loop just in time to reset it, trying to find answers. Thomas paced back and fourth in her room the wooden floor started squeaking. It was another quiet day, no one went outside unless it was for food or chores. She had a letter in her hand while she slightly crinkle the pages.

"Bronwny you don't have to cry anymore, it's all going to be alright", Thomas entered her room to find the girl brawling her eyes out. "Timmy", the strong girl crawled in her arms as the other presses kisses on her until she giggles. "There is that smile I wanted to see", she tickled her as she sqwirlmy screamed.

Thomas continued to visit each room bringing smiles to the person or the pair of people in each.

▪▪▪

"Enoch", Thomas had softly knocked on his door and opened it. His locks were stuck in a book while he had his fingers were twirling around their necklace. His room was filled with the flowers she resurrected most of them did not die yet.

"Tommy I think I finally got it. If I use a cow heart he can come back", she laid next to him as his crazy idea went through. "Enoch I don't think that's a good idea. We don't know how long he will stay that way, he is missing his eyes. Victor won't be able to see", Thomas put his book down.

"I have to at least try", he sighed and stared at the ceiling. "Don't do anything stupid, my love", the now raven hair girl kissed him on the cheek.

"Your hair is beautiful by the way. You have always looked beautiful", Enoch admired the shine and darkness of her hair. "I love you Enoch O'Connor. Never forget that", she kissed him and slipped the piece of paper in his hand. "And I love you Thomas Fincher", he pulled her into another kiss.

Before leaving his room Thomas grabbed a few twigs taking a second glance of his smiling face to hers. Softly closing the door she locked it softly and put the twigs around the knob letting them grow sturdy.

"Olive", she went next door and knocked on the girl's door. "Oh hello Thomas", instead of answering her Thomas brought her into a hug. "Promise me you will watch over Enoch and Victor please", she grabbed her hand, gave it a squeeze and walked away. Olive had to process what was going on to the raven hair girl when she heard yelling next door several minutes after.

▪ ▪ ▪

Enoch sighed thinking about Victor then it turned into a smile thinking about Thomas. He opened the paper in his hand and started looking back at forth between all the dead flowers and the thriving ones. Then his eyebrows started to burrow into his eyes, thinking back to Curiosity who know purred against his ankle.

"TOMMY NO", Enoch bounced on to his feet and ran to his door but the knob was jammed. "SOMEONE STOP THOMAS. PLEASE OPEN MY DOOR. DON'T DO THIS", he started pounding on his door.

"Enoch hold on, don't touch the handle it's going to take a while", Olive's voice was soft she tried to heat the door knob. "Please hurry Olive. We don't have time", Enoch started sobbing at his dark thoughts.

▪ ▪ ▪

"Victor, I am coming inside", Thomas wasn't expecting a reply but she still wanted to be polite. Victor was laying down in his bed that was way too perfect for her liking.

"I will fix you right up, I promise I'll try my best", she swiped away his loose hair from his face before putting her hand over his heart. No pulse.

Thomas imagine another energy blanket like the kitten. But this time it was way more to cover him and it started to go inside him. Her hand focus on his heart and the color of his chocolate brown eyes. The ones that were always had a twinkle of mischief in them.

One beat, Stop. One beat. Stop.
The pattern continued in a slow pace but she went on. Thomas felt her body getting lighter and started gripping his shirt to make sure she was actually there.

"Tim", Victor gasped sitting up his eyes back. But, his eyes instead of the milky brown was a grey shade."Hey Victor", she smiled softly still putting all she had to make sure the boy wouldn't collapse and her work is a failure. "What happened, Thomas", her body felt dished out. "It's going to be okay, just smile for me yes", her vision was going blind, her left eye now a deep shade of grey instead of a pale blue.

Victor's left eye was her shade of blue instead now. "What do you mean Thomas. Stop it cut this out, you're going to die", he started panicking as his vision was returning to see her paler than a piece of paper. "Just hold me please, I'm getting cold. I want Enoch. Tell him I love him please", the raven hair girl now resembled of what could have been Snow White. Thomas felt the end soon, it was exactly how she saw it in Horace's vision.

"Victor where are you I can't see, Victor I'm scared", Thomas started whimpering as she collapsed on the floor while Victor got his sight back but he was frozen on his bed. "THOMAS, NO NO", Enoch flew opened Victor's door and saw his lover. "Enoch", Thomas hand went up as the dead-riser brought her closer to his body. He made sure to get her hand to his face.

"My love, you are cold. I thought I was the one to be the cold blooded heartless one", Enoch held her hand tighter onto his face. "But you will always have my heart, my love", she said towards Enoch's voice. "I love you", Enoch said but, her hand went limp in his. His sobbing became silent yelling for her to come back. Thomas' eyes were now glazed over grey but she had a smile on her face.

"Enoch-", "Don't touch me. Leave us alone", Enoch snapped at Olive who tried to touch his shoulder. He ran his fingers over her smooth skin before closing her eyelids kissing both of them afterwards. "She's gone Victor. Are you happy now? I can never get what I want, you stole my everything from me",Enoch's voice was deep as he talked to his best mate who he hasn't layed an eye on yet.

"Enoch, t-there could be someway."- "She's gone, she's the only one who could do this yet she threw her life for you. There may never be someone with her peculiarity", he cut him off again and he saw Victor's eyes again. Enoch's facial features softened.

"You have her eyes", he started to cry again and held Thomas closer. Victor now had the same shade of pale blue instead of the chocolate brown he adore since birth.

▪▪▪