thirteen .

By this time Miss Avocet had woke up and was telling the other children about her loop. "I'm sorry children, we can't remain here", that was all Enoch had to hear as he went upstairs to pack his stuff. Several jars of hearts went into one suitcase as he hustled. Enoch grabbed the two photos and put them in his pants. He hesitantly grabbed the rose on his desk and put it on his breast pocket.

He swiftly put his suitcases in the hall way when he realized. Could they even bring Thomas with them? His head naturally snapped towards her door. Why was it open?

"OI GET AWAY FROM HER", Enoch yelled as the new peculiar was hovering her bed. Enoch couldn't care less about the new kid since everything was going on. But, this was the last straw for him.

Enoch stomped his way over and pushed the new kid over. "Enoch", the voice he longed to hear for over four decades whispered. The boy was frozen seeing her sitting up again her blue eyes instead of grey, colour on her cheeks and a smile. "Tommy", he sighed as he brought her into a hug and kissed her. She no longer felt cold or sounded scared. Thomas was alive

"Hey I don't know who you are but, get away from my sister", Eliot growled this time with a lamp shade in his hands. "Eli put that down", Thomas said but it was muffled by Enoch's neck. "Sister?", Enoch pulled away with a rose eyebrow.

"Eliot this is my boyfriend Enoch. Enoch my little brother Eliot", Enoch stood up to shake hands but still had a hand around her waist. "I am sorry, for the first impression. I want to say that I love Thomas v-", Enoch wanted to get on the right foot. "Shut it lover boy. The only thing she talked about since she rose was about you. You better not break her heart. We are going to have a talk later", Eliot said trying to intemidate the other but Enoch was taller.

"Eli stop. We still didn't finished talking yet. When did you knew you were peculiar where have you been", Thomas wanted to do the best to catch up with her brother. The last time she saw him, Eliot was eleven while she was thirteen. "Same way as you, I was going to get burned as being a witch. I was older than you when it did happened if you can clearly tell. Miss Avocet saved me", Eliot scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as Enoch was still his sister.

"We need to pack. We are leaving", Enoch kissed her again ignoring her brother. "Children would you make your way down the stairs please?", a voice boomed from the first door while as they were packing as Miss Peregrine's was a bit muffled. The trio made there way to the last flight of steps when they saw Mr. Barron holding Jake with his knife hand to his throat.

"Tho-omas", a few of the children gasped and hugged her as they saw her. But all of them were trembling from the wright in front of them and the safety of Jake and Miss Peregrine.

"Children, for Jake's safety, we are going to do what Mr. Barron asks. He wishes to take me with him to his rendezvous in Blackpool. So for his protection, he would like me to assume bird-form, preferrably caged... And he'd like you to make your way into a lockable room, such as the parlor. As he won't relieve Jake if he fears an attack could be mounted upon him once he loses his leverage. Correct, Mr. Barron?", Miss Peregrine had shut up Mr. Barron as he simply nodded.  "You are sacrificing yourself and all of us for... Jake", Enoch said over Thomas's shoulders.

"Mr. Barron travels with a Hollow, Enoch. Once it arrives here, we're all dead. Enoch, only Jake can see them. She means he's our only hope.", Horace explained to him while Thomas pieced everything together. One by one they had obeyed and when it came to Thomas she stopped to hug Miss Peregrine.

"I wished we could had have more time to reconnect", Miss Peregrine hugged her back. "Thank you Miss Peregrine", she smiled before going inside the parlor and getting pulled into a hug by Enoch.

"It's been my privilege to care for you all. Goodbye, my children", Miss Peregrine closed the door on them. "Thomas, you're like Jesus", Millard hugged her as the children gave there last laughs before the events to come. Each one of them pulled her into a hug welcoming her back.

"It's getting dark. You won't even be able to see their shadows. We have to stay inside. It's the only place we stand a chance", Jake was pushed inside the parlor. "He is quite right. Now where does Miss Peregrine keep her weapon", Miss Avocet became in charge while the other worked on boarding the windows and door.

Thomas went her way to push a couch that barely moved. "Move out if the way short stuff", Victor winked at her as he pushed the couch with ease. "Victor your eyes", she went to admire him. "Right Twinsys. I shouldn't say that Enoch and Eliot are right there. Thomas you are very reckless, thank you for saving me and coming back", Victor pulled her into a hug, while Eliot and Enoch were staring at both of them. "I couldn't let you leave us", Thomas lightly punched him.

▪▪▪

"Jake I wanted to say that your Abe would be proud of you. And I am sorry if I scared you the first time. I am Thomas Fincher", Thomas apologized as she let her hand hang for a shake. "I'm sorry I didn't know what happened. Do you remember everything when you- you were in that state", Jake didn't want to say dead. "Yes, every moment of it when I was woken. I'm grateful for Enoch for it, the place I was in wasn't heaven or hell I think. I was trapped living the same memory over and over, it was like I was still attach here I didn't want to go just yet", Thomas smiled before looking back to Enoch who was helping Claire.

"I always thought he was heart-less and cold. No offense", Jake confessed. "None taken that's because I have his heart, and he has mine", Thomas smiled while Jake put two and two together.

"Now, children, now that you are all here, there's a few rules. Your primary job is to stay safe. Leave the Hollow to me. I don't want to see any heroics. Now, those of you with garden tools, I must insist that you...", Miss Avocet got pulled out midway speech as an invisible force pulled her out the door. The children gasped as Enoch took the opportunity to pick up the cross boy she dropped.

"No Enoch!", Thomas yelled as he got lifted into the air and was thrown against the walls and windows. "Go! Get to the attic!", Jake ordered the others as he picked up the cross bow and Enoch fell to the ground. "Enoch", Thomas was crying before looping his arm to carry him. But, Victor took the other side took most of his weight.

Thomas had picked up a light outline of the hallow on the way trying to avoid it the best as possible as they got onto the attic. "Fiona, is there anything you can do about that tree?",  Thomas looked out and saw there escape plan as Fiona used her pecularity.

"Everyone go", Jake instructed all of them while they slid down the roof and into the tree. The Germans were flying over them again like the countless times before. All the children had fled the house before the bomb hit their house. The night went in reverse but it back fired and revealed their home in flames.

"The loop closed. It's gone", Thomas hugged Enoch. "It's alright as long as I have you", he said into her hair breathing in the lavenders.

▪▪▪
whoop my girl is back.