Derek (4)

Derek's P.O.V

          I smiled widely as I held a trophy in my hand, my team cheered loudly as we entered the restaurant. "I can't believe we made it!" Sarah squealed "I did! I believed in all of you, you all made me so proud and.. fuck.. all this hard work paid off" I smiled and my team awed as they hugged me, I wiped my tears and Ethan entered the restaurant as he smiled "congratulations" he said as he hugged me "thanks" I said and kissed his lips. The waiter came by and put down menus and Ethan sat besides me.

Ariana hasn't spoken to me since I left but Ethan had been texting me the whole time I was away and even asked to see me when I returned. Ethan wasn't mad about the situation because he knew what he was getting himself into and he saw this coming. I still had to let Ariana know my decision, I'm afraid because I know there will be a lot of crying involved and I'm the worse at handling people crying.

"How about we celebrate your win?" Ethan whispered into my ear as I smiled, "tonight? I have to see my brothers first" I said as he nodded.

🌺

"Derek! Congratulations!" Justin and Jason ran towards me and Jason lifted me as I whined, he threw me into the pool in the backyard and Justin laughed loudly as my mother smiled and shook her head. "Congratulations bro" Jason smiled "thanks" I said as I swam towards the edge of the pool, "what have I missed?" I laughed "Jason's engaged" Justin said as I laughed again "funny, but seriously what have I missed?" I said as everyone stayed quiet.

"Oh shit.. for real?" I said as Jason smiled "yep" he said as I got out of the pool. "Cool" I said as he chuckled. "Anyways, I just wanted to leave my stuff here and say hi to you guys, I'm going to go see Ethan" I said as my mother returned inside the house and Justin and Jason gathered around me. "So you still haven't talked to Ariana?" Jason said as I shrugged "not yet.. I have to let her know my decision" I said.

"Have you made your decision?" Justin raised a brow "Yeah! Don't worry guys, I have it all under control" I said as Jason snorted "yeah that's what you said last time before she caught you making out with your scrawny boyfriend" Jason said as I pouted. "Who did you choose?" Justin asked and I bit my lower lip "Ariana" I said as Jason smiled "good" "why her?" Justin asked "because she's been there for me for years, I love her" I said as Jason grinned "I get it man.. if Sophie were still alive.. I'd choose her in a heartbeat" he said.

"Yeah well I just have to tell Ethan" I said "good luck" Justin said.

❤️

"I'm so glad you're here.. I want to talk" Ethan said as we sat down on his bed, "what's up?" I said, "I've been thinking about this whole Ariana situation.. and I couldn't help but think maybe you're having thoughts about being with her? I-I'm just gonna say that.. I love you Derek and I hope you know that if you do choose to be with me I will love and care for you so so much, I'll do anything for you and I'll try my best to be the best boyfriend in the world, you make me so happy and I really appreciate all that you've done for me" Ethan smiled lovingly as my heart fluttered.

"I love you too Ethan" I said with a grin, he truly did always make me happy. "Do you have something to say to me?" he said and I nodded "yes.. I made my decision while I was in Florida.. and I love you Ethan" I said as he smiled.

"I love you.. but I'm not in love with you" I said as his smile began to fall "w-what?" he said as I sighed "I'm sorry Ethan, I do love you but I am in love with Ariana.. I want to be with her for the rest of my life.. I see myself marrying her to be honest with you" I said as tears began to form in Ethan's eyes "O-oh" he said as he looked down. "I hope you don't hate me" I said as I stood up "but I have to go see Ariana now" I said and kissed his forehead once more as he only froze and I turned around and left him there as I drove to see Ariana.