CHAP.38: Circus (Part 2)

The show was about to begin. 

  Jerome and I were behind the stage, changing out clothes and such to make ourselves a little more stage worthy. Jerome got dressed into red jacket with a brown vest over his straight jacket and kept the pants. I also added a little yellow flower on the left side of his jacket. 

  I got dressed into a mime like outfit with black stripped top that clung to my skin with black straps that connected to my black skirt with white trimming that came just above my knees. I put on some white face paint on with black eyeliner that sort of dripped down my face and put my hair into two pigtail on the sides of my head. 

  Once we were ready we examined one another over. We nodded at each other before we both picked up our megaphones then headed up to the stage. We stayed behind the curtain to just get ready a little more when someone came around the corner and looked around before his eyes landed on me. I looked up. It was Mark. I smile and wave and he smiles back but a little less wide and his eyes looked nervous. 

  "Miss Sky. We have a problem." He states. I sigh. 

  "You and your problems." I mutter with a slight shake of his head. I feel Jerome come up next to me and eye Mark. I turn to him. 

  "Jerome, this is Mark. He helped me a lot after you, um, died. He's the one who broke me outta Arkham and helped me out of the whole prison situation." I explain. Jerome nods then smiles wide. 

  "Well, my good sir." He says, taking on an accent. He places a hand on Mark's shoulder. "It is an honor to meet such a knight in shining armor for my fair lady here." I giggle a bit then Jerome turns around to mess around with another one of his men. I shake my head and turn to Mark.

  "What's the problem?" I ask. He shifts.

  "The police have probably gotten there sights on this place. I'm not certain but I think the GCPD is coming our way." He explains. I curse and then stroke my chin. 

  "They are always ruining my fun." I mutter before slapping a hand on my side. "Well! I think that we can get this show running before they get here. What do you say." He nods. 

  "You probably got some time" He tells me. I smile and pat his shoulder. Despite everyone here looking like a raging lunatic, his looked pretty normal except for the face paint he had on he wore normal attire. I nod at him. 

  "Alrighty then. Get a good seat my friend, cause this is gonna be good." I say. Nodding at me, he left from behind the stage and I walked over to Jerome. I smile and he shakes his head. 

  "I don't like him." He says simply. I laugh. 

  "What? I think he's pretty cool to say the least." I say. Jerome shrugs. I feel my jaw drop. 

  "Your totally jealous!" I gasp. He looks at me. 

  "I am not." He states. I smile and punch his arm a bit. 

  "You totallllyyyyyy are!" I squeal. He suddenly takes a hold of my back and brings me close to him, his face a centimeter from mine. He had a small smirk on the corner of his lips. 

  "I'm not jealous and you want to know why?" He growls, coming closer to my ear. "Because you are mine and I am yours. No one will touch you. That is how this works." I smile and brings his lips to mine. Every time I kissed him I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach and I felt light headed. It was amazing. 

  We separated after a few long seconds then he licked his lips. 

  "It's time to get this show on the road."