CHAP.62: Proxy

As soon as we got back to the mansion, Jerome and I started to get ready to meet that proxy. I realized how close we where at getting Jerome's brother and I realized how Jerome was feeling right now. I remember how I felt when I found my brother again after I let him slip from my fingers. It felt like every nerve in my body had become alive again. That I had somehow been revived from the absolute happiness that had consumed me when finding out I could kill my brother once and for all. To pay him back for every injustice that had happened to me by his hands. Jerome was probably feeling that ten fold. 

  He was in the bedroom right now, getting the right knife to meet the proxy with. Baggy and Freeze had gotten some ingredients for the special thing they we're mixing up and Hatty had manged to keep everyone at the mansion under control. Strangely. Limpy...I actually didn't know what he was doing at the moment. Probably trying to get his name back on top or something. Jerome and I we're fine with that as long as his first priority was helping us. 

  I didn't know what it was, but Limpy just didn't seem...I didn't know the word. He didn't seem to fit for the job Jerome and I had planned for him. He seemed to believe in the ways of the gangster too much. I didn't know if he truly believed in the message Jerome and I we're trying to show to everyone. But eh, I could be wrong. He seemed to hate what people did to put him in Arkham. And he seemed like the type to like revenge.  And revenge could make you do crazy things. 

  The plan for the whole proxy thing was that we were going to sneak up on him or her. We knew the person's location and we knew that he/she knew where Jerome's brother was. So, we were going to jump that said person. Catch them off guard. Catching off guard always seemed to work in situations like these. Jerome would sneak into the person's building while Jervis, Baggy, and I would sit in the van outside until the proxy gave Jerome's brother up. We where the get away driver. Plus, Jerome insisted on interrogating the person alone unless things got rough. But knowing Jerome, things wouldn't get rough.

  At the moment I was skipping down the hall towards Jerome and I's room while throwing my dagger in the air every few seconds. I would throw it and try to catch it by the blade. So far I was doing good. 

  "And up..." I mutter while simultaneously throwing the knife to the roof. It came back down fast and I then jerked my hand up at the right moment to catch the end of the dagger. I sighed and continued to skip, looking over the dagger. It really was perfect in every sense. The way it shimmered. The way it curved just right. The way it just slid through flesh. And most of all, the way it came from Jerome. That was a real great perk about it. 

  Coming to the room, I put my dagger into a little holder and put it on my side before going through the door. As I open it up, I see Jerome stroking his chin and looking over many knives laid on the bed. When hearing me come in, he snapped his head in my direction and smiled. He took his hand from his chin and waved at me for me to come closer.

  "Grey, good thing your here." He says. I raise a brow and go over to him, looking over the knives laid in order from biggest to smallest on the bed. I tilt my head at it and he waves his hand at all of them. 

  "I can't pick." He says then strokes his chin again, creasing his brows. I let out a laugh.

  "You've been up here for thirty minutes. How have you not picked out a knife yet?" I ask, running my eyes over all the assortment of knives. He shrugs and I chuckle once more. I lean over, making a sound of thought under my breath. I look at each knife. Their texture. Their length. Their thickness. Some looked curved like a claw while others were as straight and smooth like carved stone. Jerome could go flashy like he normally did with his devices of torture. But maybe cliche would be better. I nod at a small knife with a blade so clean I could see part of myself in it.