Chapter 6: the meeting (again)

Two knocks on the door, and Kristian jumped out of bed before the third could begin. He opened the door, and there he was, Kostya, lit from behind, making him look like an angel.

«welcome in.»

Kostya's outfit was simple, but it was still perfect in Kristian's mind. Black skinny jeans with ripped knees, and a slightly fitted t-shirt that showed off some muscle, paired with fancy sunglasses. He slid his glasses down, revealing his aquamarine eyes, staring into his soul. It made Kristian melt.

Kostya sat down at the messy bed

«wow. this is really... impressive.»

«i guess it is.» they looked around the big suite, from the tall oak wardrobe, to the king-sized bed, to the wide windows that showcased Odessa at night.

Kristian sat down next to Kostya, but the thick mattress was curved where Kostya was sitting, and Kristian slid way closer to Kostya than he intended to. They laughed it off, but they both liked it. They sat in silence for a while, both unsure of what to say.

"So... how do you like Odessa?"

"It is beautiful here, but I wish I had someone to experience it with."

"Are you on vacation alone?"

"Yeah. I... I thought it would clear my head, to get away from my busy life and stuff. But I just feel... a bit lonely, to be honest. You kinda realize how alone you are when you see everyone else not being alone, if that makes sense." Kristian was annoyed at himself for rambling on and making no sense. Kostya probably hated him already.

"I understand." 

Ha!, Kristian thought. As if! He's probably just saying that to make you feel better about your sorry life.

"I really do," Kostya said, as if he had read his mind. "I have felt the same way for so long. People think I am so happy and get everything I want just because of my fame, but it is really isolating. All of my fans think they know me, but they only see Mélovin, and the image and idea of him. That's not who I am. Sure, I love my fans and the privileges I have gotten, but very few people actually know me, and care about my well being. And because of that, I get jealous of the people around me, who can walk on every street without being recognized, or attacked from behind by girls who want to take selfies, or don't have to constantly pretend they're okay... And nobody understands that, because they haven't experienced it themselves."

Kristian looked down at his lap. Kostya stared out the window, and took a deep breath.

"Except you, Kristian."

Kristian couldn't hold his smile back. He loved the way Kostya said his name.

"I like how honest you are. It is nice to know not everyone around me are faking their emotions."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I am also tired. Tired of seeing other people being happier than me, and letting them down when I am not as happy as they are. As if I showed them my true self, everyone around me would hate me, even more than they already secretly do."

"They don't hate you." Kostya's voice was calming and deep.

Kristian closed his eyes.

"Well, does that matter, when I hate myself just as much?"

He tried holding his tears back, but they were persistent, and soon they fell down his cheeks.

"I... I'm gay, Kostya."

It felt odd saying it to a person he had just met. Relieving, but also odd. It was as if they had been friends for a long time.

Kostya moved closer to Kristian, and his thumbs gently wiped away his tears. Kristian couldn't help but blush. 

"Thank you. For everything. For just... being here."

Kostya gave him a hug, a big, long, and comforting hug that came right from the heart.

"It's okay. I'll always be here."

For a while, they both looked out at the city's lights and the faint stars above it. Slowly, Kostyas hand began playing with his, fondling and twirling until their fingers interlaced. Kristian looked at their hands, and then looked at Kostya in surprise. They began giggling, which turned to laughing until they couldn't breathe. 

When they had calmed down, Kristian looked deeply into Kostya's face. His eyes were the color of the ocean during a storm; gray, green and blue mixed together.

He didn't know who leaned in first, but suddenly they were both kissing each other passionately.