Chapter 8: the leaving

Kristian woke up, and the bedsheets smelled like Kostya's perfume. He closed his eyes, inhaled the scent, and sighed. He rolled over on his side, expecting to see Kostya sleeping next to him. However, he wasn't there. Had he left?

Kristian called his name, and looked for notes or clues. To be honest, he felt a bit disappointed. Had this only been a fun, random night for him? A one night stand?

He checked his phone, and he had gotten a text.

Kostya: «sorry for leaving, but I had to go because of work. I'm going to record a new song today :)»

and then, sent a minute later:

«I love you too, Kristian.»

Kristian's stomach was filled with that warm feeling again, like melted chocolate.

***

Kostya was sitting on his bed, Citrus stroking his legs. He felt guilty for lying, but it had to be done.

Because, as he woke up, and after he had watched Kristian peacefully sleeping, he was struck with anxiety.

what if somebody saw us? what would they think?

the thought of someone seeing them, or taking photos, making it official...

it was too much. He wouldn't handle it. Kristian wouldn't handle it.

It was better with a white lie. it was to protect them, to protect Kristian.

He was only 18... he was still so young. Kostya knew it wasn't right to involve Kristian into his own troubles. This would be for their own good.

He had checked all the typical gossip websites and fan pages, but no-one seemed to have spotted them.

Ever since Kostya left the hotel, he had a feeling of insecurity. Was it wrong of him to be in love with Kristian? Would his fans think so? Would it damage their careers? Did Kristian want a relationship at all, or was it just a fling? Should it even be a relationship?

All the questions made the hurting in Kostya's stomach worsen. He closed his eyes, and looked back at the night before. It had felt so good, so right, as if they were the only ones left on Earth. Kristian's hazelnut eyes piercing into his, and his earthly scent mixing with the smell of his own perfume... oh, he missed Kristian already, and his fingers were tingling to send him a text, a call, a photo, anything. But in the back of his head, Kostya knew this wouldn't, and couldn't, last. If you fall in love then it is inevitable to get hurt, because anything that falls gets broken.