☂ Chapter Three ☂

He lies, She cries.

He's not sorry but he apologises, she complains, he doesn't change.

But yet, she still stays.

- Anonymous.

       "Look, I haven't got time for all your life lessons." I exhaled deeply. "Cole's coming to pick me up and I need to get something to eat, so move." I growled, without giving him the chance to defend himself, I extended my arms forward and shoved him out of the way, stepping over the lego barrier he'd created I made my way to the kitchen.

          "So cute." He chuckled, I jumped slightly at the sound of his voice but chose to ignore him. Rummaging through the cupboards I decided it was time that I went grocery shopping, If I sent Noah he'd come back with god knows what. "Eating before a date so Cole thinks you have a small appetite." He carried on. I opened the fridge pouring myself out a glass of juice and grabbed a bag of fun-sized pretzels before turning around to leave.

          "Move." I hissed, he stood tall obstructing the door way.

          "Oh sorry, am I in your way?" He played innocent.

          "Unlike you I actually have plans, get out my way Noah." I threatened him sharply.

          "Oh, Evie or Cole didn't tell you?" He smirked.

          "Tell me what?" I asked, an eyebrow cocked.

          "We're going on a double date baby doll, Cole and You, Me and Evie." He announced, smiling smugly as my face dropped. I shut my eyes briefly, cursing under my breath before walking over to the counter where I put down my pretzels and chugged my juice down.

          "Great, fantastic." I spat, sarcasm dripping from my words. "Just what I needed." I muttered under my breath. Cole was bad enough as it was, getting through a date with Cole was a massive achievement for me and on top of that I had Noah who undoubtedly like every other time we double dated would make fun of me non-stop the whole night.

          "What are you waiting for baby doll?" He asked, gesturing down the hall way to my room. "Shouldn't you be getting ready?" My mouth flew open, and hung ajar. What?! He'd just been blocking my entrance and now he had the cheek to ask me why I wasn't getting dressed? I ran my finger's through my hair, this was going to be a memorable evening.

* * *

          DING DONG!

          "I'll get it Meg!" Noah yelled, his footsteps loudened as he walked past my room. I gulped swallowing down the lump forming in my throat. I twirled in front of the mirror one final time, looking at myself in disgust. This wasn't me, this wasn't who I was, I hated dresses, I knew I could do so much better but I was so afraid of Cole, so so afraid.

          "This place is legit." I heard Cole exclaim.

          "Cheers." Noah laughed.

          "Where's Meg?!" Evie asked.

          "I don't get a hello?" Noah teased.

          "Saving the best til last." Evie whispered. I practically gagged but couldn't help and smile, she was my best friend as long as she was happy I was happy.

          "MEG!" She squealed, standing in my doorway we ran into each other's arm, squeezing each other for dear life. She held me out at shoulder's length, checking me out as I did the same. "You look hot!" She grinned, playing with the curls in my hair.