☂ Chapter Four ☂

Noah's P.O.V

          Lying on my bed, my phone was resting in the crook of my neck, pressed against my ear. I was staring up at the white ceiling throwing a baseball up in the air and catching it as it fell back down. "You looked so hot tonight baby." I growled, Evie's beautiful face flashed into my mind as I smiled.

          "So did you." She whispered. She inhaled deeply. "Was it just me or did Cole seem a bit... off?"

          I flipped over onto my stomach, glancing up at the circular time piece on my wall. It was nearly midnight and we both had school tomorrow, I could speak to her all night if I wanted, if it weren't for my bastard step-father. I wasn't living in his fucking house but he still set rules and I'd pay the consequences if I broke them. "That's what I was thinking babe, he flipped at Meg- he's never done that before." I replied, softening my voice; Meg was just down the hall way.

          "Things seem a little iffy between them, speak to Cole tomorrow and I'll speak to Meg."

         I opened my mouth to speak but a muffled sob sounded from outside. Sitting upright quickly I ran my fingers through my hair. "I'll speak to you tomorrow, and yeah I'll speak to him."

          "Babe-" She started nervously, her voice trembled a little hesitantly as though she was uncertain whether to carry on or not. "Go easy on Meg alright. I know your just playing around with her but she seemed really upset." I gulped, she had no idea how well I knew. "Night Noah."

          "Night Eve."

          I disconnected sighing to myself. The three words were there, at the tip of my tongue, how hard was it to say I love you? Maybe I was being a coward because she hadn't said I love you yet either and I was waiting for her to say it first. I mean we'd been going out for six months it wasn't too early and all I knew was I meant it. But what if she was waiting for me to say it first?

          I got up, pulling a black shirt over my head before I left my room. The sobs loudened as I got to the toilet closest to Meghan's room. I stopped. Should I go inside? I didn't have a choice, she was my room mate and room mates were there for each other, right?

          I inhaled a greedy amount of air stepping into the toilet. I gulped, swallowing at the sight I saw. Her fragile body was curled up in a fetal position in the corner of the toilet, her body trembled with every sob that escaped her mouth. "Meghan?!" I whispered letting my voice crack.

          Then something switched inside her, she brought her head up from between her knees. Her sparkling eyes a puffy red, tear strained tracks ran down her pretty face, her body shook as she got up quickly. Wiping her eyes she looked away. "I thought you were asleep." She fidgeted with her fingers uncomfortably.

          "I-I Uh was speaking to Evie." I replied. Taking in another deep breath I thought I'd make a shot for it. "Why were you crying Meg- Meghan?"

          "It's nothing." She mumbled, she extended her arm up wiping her eyes with her sleeves. I glanced down at her over sized shirt, I'd gotten it for her when I was on holiday, she still had it? The thing was ancient though! How had it still fit her? "Sorry I woke you." She finished, rolling her lips in she bit back the sobs but tears still ran down her face.

          She walked out the room but I grabbed her wrist. "Don't be sorry." I whispered. "Meghan why were you crying?" I asked again, a sharper more stern edge to my tone this time. She was a strong girl and I the only time I'd seen her cry like this was when her dad had died. She'd been the rock of her family, kept everyone together, who the fuck had hurt her like this? Made her cry like this?