☂ Chapter Seven ☂

Get's a little saucy later on :P Enjoy ;) xx

Evie's P.O.V

I didn't understand, I mean, didn't he love me? I was definitely certain I was in love with Noah, but he'd never actually told me he loved me. The words were there, at the tip of my tongue as well as his, both of us too afraid to say it first; scared the other didn’t feel the same way. It was three small words, why couldn’t he just say them first?!

I stared at my gorgeous boyfriend, feeling my insides flutter at his handsome face. His face was screwed up in concentration as he stared thoroughly directly ahead at the white board filled with quadratic equations. I couldn't even concentrate on it, maths was my strongest subject but sitting beside Noah, the numbers looks scrambled and I couldn’t make sense of anything.  He took my breath away whenever he was close It felt like I was floating on cloud nine, it didn’t even seem realistic, it felt like one incredible dream that I never wanted to wake up from.

"What are you gawping at, beautiful?" he complimented me, his voice slightly husky, hoarse, sexy. I had the urge to giggle like a little schoolgirl but I resisted the temptation. He turned back down to his squared paper, biting down on his pen lid as he scratched his neck in confusion.

My mouth had already formed the words and before I was able to stop myself I managed to lamely blurt out "Your face." As realisation hit me, I clapped a hand over my mouth, my eyes widening in horror, my cheeks blossoming in humiliation. 

Smooth Evie. Real smooth.

He studied my face for a moment before his lips cracked into a grin; he shook his head gently, chuckling lightly. “Oh Evie!” he teased. “You’re a real charmer, aren’t you babe?” He mocked, leaning over to press his lips against my cheek to lessen my discomfort.

I grinned goofily, rolling my eyes at his unnecessary side comment. “Noah-“ I began questioningly, which caused him to turn to face me instantly, his face straightening into a serious expression. I hesitated, holding my breath, unsure whether to continue on my path of inquiry or to keep my worries and paranoia to myself. I didn’t know if it was my place to say anything or not. I wasn’t sure whether I should intervene in somebody else’s relationship or not.

“What’s up baby?” he whispered, his warm breath tickling the hairs on my neck.

“Am I just paranoid or is something up with Meg?” I asked, after releasing a greedy amount of air I’d pent up within me. I shut my eyes briefly, craving I could take back the words. Noah must’ve thought I was an over possessive best friend, I’d called him yesterday to talk about Cole acting weird at dinner and today I was picking on Meghan acting distant. I hated being torn in the middle, Noah and Meg couldn’t properly be classified as friends and I didn’t want to make Noah feel compelled to talk to me about Meghan, but then again Meghan was my best friend, it was my job to make sure everything was alright with her.

He swallowed nervously, his eyes hiding something I couldn’t quite read. He ran his finger’s once, then once more through his tousled jet-black hair, scanning the room for escape. “It’s just you Evie.” I heard him whisper, his voice so quiet it could have been carried away with the distant chattering in the class. He didn’t even look me in the eyes as he spoke, his head down as he scribbled down answers roughly in his book. I knew he was lying too me, it hurt my heart more than I’d anticipated.

“Noah.” I started seriously, not liking the distance between us one bit. He turned back to face me, but his eyes told me he hated this. “Please don’t lie to me.” I begged, my eyes pleading for the truth.