☂ Chapter Ten ☂

10 chapter's and I haven't given up on this story! *Insert one man rave* ;)

On a serious note though, thank you guy for your feedback. I can't even put into words how grateful I am, none of my stories have ever received so much positive feedback! This is a long chapter, I hope :P Because I don't know when I can next update by!

Hope you enjoy and drop a vote and comment if you like it? xx

I was waiting in the parking lot for Evie, glancing down at my watch as I tapped my foot impatiently. I didn’t care where Cole was, he’d offered to drive me this morning but I’d refused. I was so mad at him, so mad that it hurt my insides. All I’d done was try and be nice, he’d been having a night mare and I thought he would have appreciated me checking up on him, he’d asked me to stay with him so I did and I was still the one getting hurt. I’d had enough; I’d honestly just had enough.

“Meg?!” A coarse, brittle all too familiar voice yelled from behind me.

I whipped my head to the source of the sound; Noah. He stepped out of his car, walking towards me shakily, his expression so hazy I couldn’t tell what he was thinking. “Meg-“ He exhaled again, almost in disbelief.

“Noah?” I tried to mimic his tone, unsure whether I was dreaming or not. Why did it sound as though there was concern in his tone? Since when had Noah cared about me?

I attempted a smile crossing my feet as I looked down at the ground. What did he want?

“Meghan.” He mumbled, his voice hoarse. He stepped closer too me, leaving an inch between us. His eyes drifted over my face, down my body, along my bare wrists. I knew what he was looking for; scars, bruises any sign that Cole had hurt me. “Where were you?” He asked, his low voice raspy. “I was so worried,” He looked away tears threatening to run down his face, I felt my throat constrict.

“You don’t need to worry about me, I can look after myself.” I reassured him smiling lightly.

His lips tightened into a straight line as though he was trying to keep something from exploding. He grabbed my shoulder’s jostling me violently. “Stop with this fucking strong girl act Meghan.” He growled, bringing his face so close to mine I could feel his angry breath against my cheeks. “Why are you being a girl you aren’t?” He half yelled, his vocals like physical blows to my face.

“This is me!” I screamed back at him, tearing his grip away from me. Tears pooled my eyes but I blinked them back frantically, I took a step away from him, shaking my head as I chuckled calmly. “I’m not putting on an act, this is who I am Noah. Maybe if you’d stuck around long enough you would have known.” I belted bitterly back at him. It was as though everything around us had frozen, I clapped a hand to my mouth, regretting the words when I saw the look on his face.

Something in his eyes flickered, “If I stuck around?” He whispered. “I was by your side every day, I’ve always been by your side what the hell are you talking about Meg?” He replied, his blue eyes filled with nothing but pain.

“Whatever.” I muttered, turning on my heels to walk away. I couldn’t trust him again. I had when we were little kids but he’d broken that trust. There was so much pain; he had no idea what he put me through. I never wanted to experience anything to that extreme again.