☂ Chapter Six ☂

Four dedications will be given out, comment below with the actors you think that should play Cole&Meghan and Noah&Evie who ever's choices I pick for each of the four chaarcter's will get dedications!

* * *

As I set foot on school grounds, my body began to quiver in fright. The vague chatter and laughter of our fellow students could be heard and amid them was Cole with his deep, husky voice standing out from the bustle. At one point in my life, the sound would make goose bumps pop up all over my body, I used to love it. It would tingle in my ears and make me happy that he was mine but now all it did was scare the shit out of me.

“Meg, are you alright?” Noah asked gently, stepping out from the driver's side of the car. "I'm sorry-" he started again but my heart was pounding so hard that Noah's voice was completely drowned out. He’d been apologising to me all morning but I couldn’t blame him, he didn't know, he was only trying to help, it wasn't fair.

I managed a nod but anybody would be able to tell that I was lying; never in my life had I felt this afraid of anything. Not when the doctors told me my parents were dead, not when I'd gone skydiving on a holiday, not even when Cole took my virginity three years ago.

"I won’t let him touch you," Noah reassured softly. “Don’t be afraid, okay?” he finished gently and for a moment our eyes locked and my childhood came crashing back and once again, the over protective Noah I loved was standing in front of me. The Noah who would hold my hand in nursery despite the other kids saying he’d catch cooties, the one who’d made mud pies and magic potions with me in my back garden, the Noah who married me with a haribo ring and ‘raised’ baby dolls with me as a happy family.

I missed him; I missed who he used to be. The conceited jerk standing in front of me wasn’t my Noah; he was nothing but an enemy, an enemy who I needed for now. As they say, keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

"Alright," I murmured a reply.

Noah took my hand into his own, squeezing it tightly before pulling me along to a group of our mutual friends. Somebody wolf-whistled as I walked past, making me hang my head in humiliation and yank my tight skirt down wishing I'd worn something more decent this morning.

"Hey!" An enthusiastic voice chirped before I felt two warm comforting arms around me.

"Hey Evie," I smiled without having to look at her to know who she was. I squeezed back and found myself feeling extremely glad that I managed to find a girl like her to stand by my side in life.

She pulled away, staring at Noah and me in disbelief, her eyes trailing down to our hands that had been locked five seconds ago. "What did I miss?” she gasped theatrically. ”When did you two become civil with each other?" she asked, eyeing us both humorously.

I rolled my eyes, punching her arm playfully. She beamed at me and pulled Noah in for a quick kiss. "We aren't civil with each other," Noah told her causing a confused frown to appear on her face. "We still hate each other. Well at least that's what Meg told me last night," he winked. My cheeks flushed red. He wasn't really going to tell Evie that we'd 'slept' together, was he?

"For a minute there I actually thought you two idiots became friends," she laughed, shaking her head in mock disapproval.

"Hey babe," A husky voice greeted as two muscular arms slid around my waist and the feel of his warm peppermint breath travelled up my neck. A lump formed in my throat and I was forced to briefly shut my eyes to compose myself, praying with all my heart that he wouldn't hurt me.

"C-Cole," I stuttered, turning nervously to Noah. "Hey," I choked out, feeling my breakfast rise up. I shot him a shaky smile, it was the best I could do... because my god, I was so scared.