2 - attachment

( 2188 words )
—————————
"(y/n)! wait up!" petey's soft voice called from behind me.

fuck, it's pete... again.

unbeknownst to pete, i was actually trying to avoid him. yesterday was my second day at bullworth and ever since i asked pete for help in art he wouldn't leave me alone. and unlucky for me, we had every class together. what are the odds? the only time i had away from the boy was when i was in my dorm. even though he was a sweet boy, i knew better than to get attached to anyone in this hellhole.

shortly after hearing his voice i picked up my pace and rushed into the main building hoping that he would lose sight of me.

after stopping in the middle of the 1st floor to look at the school map, i felt someone's hand land on and softly grip my shoulder.

"you're..... really.... fast...." petey panted, obviously tired from running after me.

i put on a fake smile, "don't wanna be late!" i said a little too enthusiastically.

"yeah, you're right," he said still catching his breath. petey held up his index finger signaling me to wait.

i looked around awkwardly waiting for pete to breathe normally again. i hastily pulled down my skirt, to cover my butt more, after catching someone checking me out. it was a boy with freckles on his cheeks, a gold earring, and a buzz cut. i made eye contact with him making him quickly look away. what a creep.

"who are you looking at?" pete quizzed looking up at me with a slight smile.

i glanced at pete, "freckles over there." i scowled, "he was staring at me. like a pervert." i clenched my fists.

"that's jimmy, he proba-"

"is femme boy here bothering you?" an unknown voice asked from behind me. i turned around to see a tall boy with his arm around pete. he held an evil smile.

i wanted to tell him yes but i also didn't want to hurt petey's feelings. i rose my eyebrow at him, "no, why?"

"it's just," he faked a frown, "he's usually really annoying." his devious smile returned as he finished his sentence.

"leave me alone!" petey shrugged him off his shoulders.

the boy, who i still didn't know the name of, put his hands up in defense, "hey! calm down pet-"

"what's your name?" i cut him off, tired of hearing them go back and forth.

he looked me up and down and smirked, "gary smith, and you?"

"(y/n) (l/n)" i replied. man, he was odd. i wished the bell would ring so i could escape this weird situation. it's only my third day and things are already getting worse.

as if hearing my thoughts, the bell rung, "well, i've got to go," i rushed out, "see ya later scarface." i insulted, "come on pete." i began to walk away.

"bitch," gary spat out harshly. but i could practically hear the smile on his face. it was evident in his voice. i smirked to myself. i loved getting under people's skin.

———— time skip to english

i placed my head in my hand out of boredom. i looked at the clock. still 30 minutes till the end of class. great.

i looked up to see pete, gary, and the creep from earlier, who pete called jimmy, looking at me. when they noticed i looked at them they all snapped their heads to the front of the class.

i scrunched my eyebrows together, "weird," i whispered to myself.

"everyone find a partner!" the teacher called. i looked around the room. just brilliant, i don't like anyone in this class. heck, i don't like anyone at bullworth.