9 - the visit

(word count: 1253)

hey, i'm on my bus ride to school & i noticed i haven't posted in a month so ya! this chapter was supposed to go up after i finished another but it's been done for so long so enjoy <3
———————————

the breeze blew my hair behind me. i tightened my jacket around me more. the chilly fall wind was like cold kisses against my skin.

i stopped and looked down at my phone, "your destination is on the right." siri said into my ear.

"still a five minute walk though," i sighed, "better get going then," i said to myself.

i felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. i rolled my eyes, "who is it now?" i grumbled.

"hello?" i said into the earphones.

"where are you?" jimmy questioned. his voice could cut through diamond it was so sharp.

"i-i'm almost at happy volts," i reluctantly told him. i tapped my fingers on my thigh out of nervousness. i didn't want jimmy to worry about me.

"are you sure you still want to go? he might not want to see you."

i shrugged, "we're technically still dating so i'm sure he'll want to see me." i asserted.

"you sound like you're trying to convince yourself more than me."

"shut up hopkins," i scowled, "i know he does, okay?" i started getting defensive.

"if you say so," he chuckled.

"whatever, i'll talk to you later, i'm there," i said, turning to the right.

"you have reached your destination." siri said over jimmy's voice.

"if he cries take a picture for me!" jimmy rushed out.

i laughed, "bye james." i clicked the end button.

i looked at the sign in front of the building, 'home for the mentally unwell,' it read. the longer i stared the more my heart started racing and my palms started sweating. i didn't realize how nervous i really was. pushing my thoughts aside, i took a deep breath and walked in building.

—— in the asylum

"how may i help you?" the front desk lady asked.

i signed my name on the log, "i'm here to see gary smith."

"sign these please." she handed me a few papers.

"damn, that's a lot of papers," i mumbled to myself as i signed the sheets, "here." i slid her back the papers.

"charles." she called one of the orderlies, "gary smith."

he gave me a look, "come with me," he ordered.

i grabbed the pen i just used and stuffed it in my pocket. i followed behind the tall man, "no one ever visits gary, so why are you here?" he looked back at me.

"he's my boyfriend," i sassed, "and i miss him, so here i am," i gave a sarcastic smile.

charles rose an eyebrow, "interesting," he turned back around, "he did mention a girl but no one believes his crazy ass," he laughed, "drop any metal in this bucket."

i looked at him with a straight face. noticing i was laughing with him he stopped. i walked through the metal detector.

he handed me my things, "through that door." he pointed, "he should already be in there."

i mumbled a quick 'thanks' and walked to the tall metal door.

entering the room, i scanned the area with my eyes. just standing at the doorway earned me a few stares but i ignored them, i was more concerned about locating gary. where was he at? the guard said he would already be in here.