5 - blue skies

( 807 words )

a short one for y'all 💙
——————

"gary please!" i begged, "come on babe, for me?" i pouted. gary and i had been dating since the sophomore year. so about 1 year, 5 months, and 17 days. but i wasn't counting. maybe. so i knew how to convince him to do anything i wanted. he couldn't ignore my pouting face and puppy dog eyes.

he turned his head to avoid my eyes, "i'll," he groaned, "i'll think about it."

i smiled widely, "thank you!" i hugged him, "you won't regret it."

he put his head in his hands, "i'm sure." he replied sarcastically.

i kissed his forehead, which now had tiny beads of sweat forming. from being around gary a lot, i've noticed whenever he got frustrated he would sweat a little. maybe it was nerves, or something else, but it happened every time.

i stood up from gary's bed and flattened out my uniform, "i'm off to see angie. she said she found a bunny in the dorm. i swear that girl is crazy." i said walking out the door.

i heard him chuckle in response. god, i loved gary, even his laugh was amazing.

—————— later that day

i skipped my way back to the boys' dorm. it was finally time for me and gary's date. i held a smile on my face the whole way. gary rarely agreed to things like this, seeing he wasn't quite the most romantic person. so for him to finally agree was like a miracle straight from heaven.

i swung the front door open, "gary!" i yelled to the boy sitting on the couch in front of me.

he turned around, stood up, and walked over to me, "hey," he said calmly but i could hear the annoyance in his voice. he wrapped his hands around my waist.

"don't sound so down," i wrapped my arms around his neck, "you'll enjoy it," i assured him.

"i know, i know." he looked down at me.

i let go of his neck, "shall we?" i grabbed his hand.

"we shall," he played along.

——————— teeny weeny time skip

gary rolled his sleeves up. "allow me," he stood in front of me.

i put my hands up near my head, "you got it tough guy." i backed up.

gary opened both bus doors and motioned for me to follow.

"is he still here?" i peeked over his shoulder.

he shook his head, "he hasn't been back since february."

i hummed, "2 months and i just noticed?" i intertwined my fingers with his, "whatever, let's go to the middle," i dragged him the middle of the space. most of the grass was dead, making the tiny field brown.

"a blanket and pillows?" gary asked with a smirk.

we laid down on the blue blanket, "would you rather lay on the dead grass?" i asked.

he chortled, "i guess no-"

"shh!" i shushed him, "only talk when you notice something."

gary and i laid in silence for awhile, looking up at the blue sky filled with fluffy white clouds.

"look," gary pointed to a cloud, "that looks like jimmy," he laughed.

i scrunched up my nose, "that looks like a... like a rat!"

"exactly!" he died of laughter, holding his stomach.

i rolled my eyes, "you're such an ass."

he turned his head to face me, "but you're laughing." he smiled.

i hit his side lightly, "whatever, just continue to cloud gaze."

he took one more look at me, "if you say so."

————— 30 minutes later

gary and i continued to gaze and point out clouds till the sun went down. sometime between then, my head ended up on his chest. i looked up at him, "ready to go, scar-face?"

he shrugged, "sure, princess." he placed my head beside him and got up.

i held my hands up, "carry me, prince," i smiled, continuing the joke.

gary squatted down a little, "hop on," he patted his back.

i propped myself up and hopped on to gary's back, "onward!" i yelled, wrapping my legs around his waist.

——— tiny tiny time skip

"so gary, did you have fun?" i rested my chin on his head.

"maybe," he grumbled.

"huh, what was that?" i taunted, trying to get him to admit he had fun.

gary let me down, "yes! okay? it was enjoyable."

i wrapped my arms around his neck, "i told you so! everything is fun with me. even cloud gazing."

i quickly stole a kiss, "so again tomorrow?" i asked.

gary slipped out of my grasp and smirked, "i'll think about it." he started to walk away.

"at 5?" i yelled after him.

"i'll see you in class!" he avoided my question.

"please gary!" i shouted as he reached the boys' dorm door.

"bye (y/n)!" he waved.

i smiled to myself and shook my head, "i can't wait for tomorrow at 5."
——————
hi guys!
- aaliyah 💗