3 - you're an ass james

( 2234 words )
———————
i was sitting in jimmy's dorm on his bed. i was playing grand theft auto 5 on the xbox i just got him. did i mention it was christmas? and we're— no i, was sitting on his bed playing gta 5. but i've had worse christmases. any christmas with my mom was hell. jimmy was laying beside me on his phone. texting, as always.

i paused the game, "jimmy, i bought this game for you cause i thought you would love it." i looked over at him, "but instead you're texting someone." i frowned.

"i just don't like this game," he stated, still typing away.

i placed the controller beside me and bent down to his ear, "i know another way we can have fun." i whispered and winked.

"nah, i'm good." jimmy said, eyes still stuck on his phone.

i groaned, "god, you're boring."

"you weren't saying that last night," he smirked.

"shut up." i threw a pillow at him.

i stood up and turned off the tv, "i wished gary would come back." i mumbled to myself.

"go visit him then," jimmy said, jealousy evident in his voice.

"maybe i will." i frowned.

i started to walk to the door.

for the first time today jimmy looked up from his phone, "where are you going?" his eyebrows were risen, making him look mad.

i grabbed my phone and sweater, "to petey, so you can calm down."

"okay, good. i don't want you around gary, he always had a crush on you."

"whatever." i walked out the door.

during the walk to pete's room, i thought about what jimmy said.

"i don't want you around gary"

little did jimmy know i used to visit gary every week. that was until jimmy started keeping tabs on me. he thought i was cheating on him with earnest. i tried to explain to him that we had a project together which caused us to be together a lot but he refused to believe me. it took me forever to convince earnest's scared ass to tell jimmy himself. because of that jimmy laid off a little. while earnest is adorable, jimmy is more my type.

someone bumping into me snapped me out of my thoughts. i looked down to see it was petey in an ugly christmas sweater, but he made it work.

"i am so sorry pete! are you okay?" i held out my hand for him to grab.

he grabbed my hand and pulled himself up, "i'm fine." he spoke softly not trying to use his voice, seeing as he is still sick.

"where are you off to?" i looked up at him. pete had a growth spurt last summer. he was around 5'7 now.

"i'm going to the lounge, i ran out of hot chocolate," he answered.

we started walking, "can i come with you? i am kinda already am though." i chuckled.

"why do you want to come with me?" pete questioned.

i stopped, "why not?" i held a mad expression.

pete waved his hands in front of him, "no! it's not that! it's just that wouldn't you rather be with jimmy? i mean it is christmas."

"jimmy's being an ass right now. he won't get off his phone." i rolled my eyes.

pete made a face like he knew something. he quickly put his head down, "oh." he started walking again.