Chapter 8- Meetings

Enjoy..

Not proof read. (Again, when is it:P)

Chapter 8- Meetings

~“Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.” ― Markus Zusak, I Am the Messenger~

The cold air blasted when I opened my window. 

It was our everyday ritual. We used to perform some of the warm up exercises and then go horse riding towards our wineyards. 

Today was the first day when Chris was going to teach me how to use a sword. 

To say I was excited was an understatement. I was beyond excited!

I gracefully climed down from the window with the help of the rope which was always there.

"You're late by two minutes" Chris said with his eyebrows raised. 

The other thing I learnt about Chris in these three weeks was that he was awfully punctual.

"I am sorry 'bout that captain! Won't happen tomorrow." I told him.

He laughed and climbed on his horse while I climbed on my mare.

We rode off.

The place which Chris had selected was beautiful.

We could watch the sunrise from this place.

"This is the pommel." Chris said as he pointed to the bottom of the sword. "It is very uncomfortable to hold. So we will start with the basic two hand technique. I will demonsrate this and you observe it. Then you try doing it." He said. 

"First, you have to hold the pommel with your dominant hand." He said as he demonstrated. 

"With your left hand, grip the sword tightly with pinky, ring and middle finger. The other fingers should have a semi-tight grip on the sword." He said. 

I did the same on my sword. 

He came close to me and re-arranged my fingers properly. "Yeah. Like this." He said. 

His fingers were soft against my skin. 

"Then, Hold your sword so that the pommel is right above your bellybutton .Don't rest it on the stomach, keep it a little ways out and point the tip somewhere between the sternum and throat. Now if they charge full on they'll run into your weapon." He said as he gracefully showed me. 

I did the same thing. 

"You are a fast learner." He commented. 

We practised this posistion for a few times. 

"That's all for today. We'll come tomorrow and then you'll master the art in a few months." He said and winked. 

This was enought to send butterflies in my stomach.

I suddenly turned and saw the sun rising. It was beautiful. 

I watched as the large glowing sphere rose slowly into the dull morning sky, casting sunbeams in every direction while it illuminated the small town. I stared out in the open sky as the colors made by the rising sun changed, growing more vivid with the passing time, making the sky more radiant as it climbed higher and higher into the sky.