Chapter 22- You know you love me

~The sweetest of all sounds is that of the voice of the woman we love. -Jean de la Bruyere.~

“Eww. Girls have cooties!” A little voice said from beside us.

I hastily removed my lips from her luscious ones and looked at little Osias glaring at us.

“Di-Di, you have cooties don’t you? If you don’t, then he will have it and you will transfer it to me.” He announced and pointed a finger in my direction.

Diana pushed me and went towards him.

“No sweetie, he doesn’t.” She said and laughed as if she was unperturbed by what happened.

She was a good actress.

I would have almost believed that she wasn’t embarrassed had it not been for the blush.

“Mother is calling you.” He told Diana.

“I will go to her. Don’t trouble this young man.” She said and swiftly walked away.

I looked at her retreating figure and looked the little boy who was pulling my jacket.

“Do you love her?” He asked me.

I widened my eyes. “Kiddo, what do you know about love?” I asked him.

“When you love someone, you are ready to do anything for them.” He smugly answered.

“Yes kiddo.” I told him with a laugh.

“Don’t hurt her please? I saw her crying and didn’t like it.” He said and shook his head.

“I won’t. I promise.” I told him and smiled.

He smiled back and hugged me.

“Promise to be like my elder brother. I didn’t even have a name at first, but then you gave me one. Be my elder brother?” He asked.

“Always kiddo. I will be your elder brother.”  I said and ruffled his hair.

***

“Why didn’t you eat?” I asked Diana as soon as I entered the door without knocking.

She widened her beautiful eyes and stared at me.

“Wha-What are you doing here Chris?” She stammered, closing the book and putting it under the other books.

I suspiciously looked at her.

“Why are you looking as you saw a ghost?” I asked her.

He beautiful porcelain skin was as white as snow.

“Diana, what happened?” I asked her.

“No-nothing.” She stuttered, laughed nervously and twirled a piece of hair.

“You brought food?” She asked.

“Yes I did.” I said and smiled and the weird behavior was soon forgotten.

“Here, you’re favorite Leek soup with Bara birth and Welsh rarebit.” I said and smiled.

“How do you know I like this?” She asked, astonished.

“I have my sources.” I said and laughed.

“Thanks.” She said and turned bright red.

“Did you eat?” she asked after taking a bite of her bread.

“Nope. I brought my food too.”  I said and placed my plate oh her table and lit the candle between us.

“For you my lady.” I said and gave her a rose which was in my hand.