Chapter 26- The wedding

~Love is a chain of love as nature is a chain of life.

Truman Capote~

It was the repeat of the same dream.

Diana was sitting beside me, when suddenly, the dusk's yellow and orange hue changed into the ugly shades of olive, black and brown.

Many tentacles grabbed hold of Diana and we were transported to the dark room once again.

Diana was on a gunpoint and I was tied to a chair and couldn't move anything.

The large shadow was now clearer and the shadow was of a woman.

My face widened as a familiar face appeared in front of my eyes.

That sneer, that glare was memorized as I had spent my entire time with her.

"Diana!" I yelled and tried to get out of the bounds.

"Diana!" I yelled again.

"Diana!" I shouted.

"I'm here Chris." I heard a frantic whisper. "Chris. You were just having a bad dream. Believe me. It is okay." I heard the same whisper.

I blinked my eyes rapidly to refocus and also to blink away the tears.  "Diana." I breathed as I took in her panic-stricken figure, her hand carefully wiping the sweat off my eyebrow.

I got up and hugged her tight.

"Don't leave me Diana." I whispered as I snuggled her. 

"Please never leave me."  I again whispered as I hugged her tightly.

"Never." I heard her whisper back.

"I don't know what I would do if you weren't there for me. I love you so very much" I again whispered and held her tightly.

"I don't know either." I again heard her whisper.

That night, I slept without any tension for the first time. Because the woman because of whom these dreams had turned into nightmares, was sleeping safely beside me.

***

"Chris!" I again heard a frantic whisper.

"Chris it is eight am!" I heard her say.

"So?" I asked and spooned deeper.

"Chris! The palace doors are open. They would have seen us escaping from the palace!" She again yelled.

"Quit the yelling woman. Nate has everything in control." I groggily said and woke up.

"It is your mate's birthday. In four hours. I don't think you want to miss that." She said.

"Shit." I silently cursed. "Let's go."

We entered the palace the same way we had left.

"You know that there are cameras out here too right?" She asked.

"Yes. As I again said, Nate has taken care of everything." I said as we climbed.

"So this is where you were!" I heard a panicky voice which was Carly's.

"Diana! Are you crazy? You could have gotten caught!" She said.

"But we didn't." I laughed.

"Well, now you did." I heard Herbert say.