Chapter Eight

Jojo/ Julia, this chapter is for you. p.s- That's your new face. (You see I chose her because she doesn't look hideous unlike you Julia) :) p.s.s- this is Julia a new character. a_sarcastic_bookworm  

It's been two weeks since that car ride, and I haven't seen the king since. But I knew better thank let my guard down. I still made sure my facade was intake and that I was still silent in class. It was the usual for me. I did my work, went to my classes and so forth. Nothing was out of the ordinary.

"Hello," a cheerful voice said. "You're the new kid, right? Well, you're not new, new. I mean you have been here for what a month. And all that time I wanted to talk to you but I also wanted you to settle, but today when I saw you for like the millionth time I thought to myself that today I was to come up to her and torture her by making her sit with me."

"Okay. I don't really know you that well. Nor do I know your name and I'm pretty sure I don't have you in any of my classes," I said facing a brunette with green eyes. Her hair looked like it had red streaks in it. She's pretty in a cute way. 

"Oh, you don't have any classes with me, sadly. I heard your smart, and I need help with my homework," the girl said again forgetting to mention her name.

"Okay. I don't mean to sound rude but what's your name," I asked.

"RIGHT! that's important. I'm Julia. But all my victims, I mean friends call me Jojo for payback, I mean for fun."

"You're quite cheerful," I mumbled.

"Keep on talking," she said.

"I beg your pardon."

"Your accent is adorable. I beg your pardon. It's simply adorable," she pretended to have a British accent. It was awful. 

"Julia, stop torturing the poor girl with your presence," another female voice commanded. "I'm sorry, a wild animal, I mean best friend got lost. My name's Grace."

"Elena," I introduced. Grace had short blonde hair and brown eyes. Her hair was curled, and her checks were littered with freckles. She looked different from Julia. Julia looked shy and cute, and Grace looked confident and bold. The only problem with that is Julia so far has shown no signs of being shy. 

"We all know your name. You are practically famous around here as Dumbledore explained it. It is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows," Julia said. "And I am not a wild animal."

"I'll stop calling you that if you start behaving like a normal human being," Grace said.

"Okay, I'm going to go," I started but was interrupted by Julia.

"No you should eat with us, trust me, we're not popular. Well, I'm not Grace over here is. But she doesn't hang out with those losers."

"What Julia is trying to say is that we sit by ourselves and a few others but don't worry, you will fit right in," Grace translated. 

"Please," Julia started to beg. I have a feeling that no matter what I would end up sitting near them.

"She won't stop until you say yes," Grace confirmed my suspicions.

"Alright fine. I'll sit with you," I caved. I've been doing that a lot lately. I need to stop it. That will get you killed. 

And so, that was lunch. I sat with a complete goofball and her calmer friend. Mostly it was Julia that talked. Nothing too exciting. She mostly complained about a teacher that was cruel to her. Grace would then responded saying how she deserved it because she was late and then Julia and Grace would get into a fight. 

Despite this, it felt refreshing. I haven't had a friend to sit with since seventh grade. I missed the feeling of having a friend. But then I thought back to why I don't have any friends. A certain little power hungry psychopath named Victor flashed in my head. Everything has a purpose. Remember, never get too close to someone you just met.