Chapter Thirty-six

Elena's Pov

The big dork found me. I knew he would, but I didn't realize that he would do it so quickly. But once again, I was proven wrong. The only problem is I'm left with him not being able to shift back to his usual self. 

The stupid alpha now can't shift back and the only reason why is because his wolf wants to make sure I'm safe. He would have sent guards to me, but clearly, his wolf doesn't understand that. So, I had to have a big wolf in my room. And he won't shut up.

Every five minutes, he's whining or barking trying to get me to pay attention to him. And each time he does that, I ignore him, causing him to cry louder. I've even tried throwing things at him, he just maneuvered out of the way and continued doing the same thing. 

He is making it impossible to get any work done, and Edan laughs at me when I complain to her via text. I hate her sometimes. She gets to complain but I can't. And sadly, I can't do anything about it, according to Kai his wolf won't shift back until I sleep near him. In other words, I have to sleep with a big hairy wolf that won't stop whining.

And sadly, it's ten o'clock, and he still won't shut up, and I've tried blocking him out, but all attempts were useless. Again, I tried throwing things at him, but once again I was proven wrong.

"Eric," I snapped. "You brought this on yourself."

His whimper was the only response that I got. I hate him sometimes.

"Eric, I will throw another pillow at you," again a whimper. "Will you at least try to let me get some sleep."

Another whimper. Eric was tap dancing on my last nerve, and I swear if he whimpers one more time I will kill him. But his next move got me mad.

He howled. In my bedroom, with no shame at all. Again, I hate him sometimes.

"Oh my gosh fine, you win," I caved. "I'll lay next to you on the ground if you shut up. Okay?"

He wagged his tail like a dog. I hate him sometimes. 

I got off my bed and on to the fluffy white rug on my floor. I brought my pillow and a blanket and got in a comfortable position close to Eric. I swear he's a big cry baby on the inside.

"Only until you fall asleep."

His nod was the only answer.

I turned my back to him and got lost in my thoughts. Thinking about Victor and his plans. But I also thought about my mom. More specifically, her message. And she was right. If I didn't get close enough to Eric, he wouldn't have found me as quickly as he did. But now, I'm left with this monstrosity. But I have a feeling that either way, I would be stuck with him.

I didn't even remember when my eyes closed, and my brain turned off. But in the morning, I woke up with Eric's wolf curled up against me.