Chapter Fourteen

I have a second update because of how many readers I have. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

Eric pov.

I still have butterflies in my stomach. She makes me feel everything and I'm hooked. I can't get her out of my thoughts. My Little Fawn. I crave her laugh but I'm addicted to making her laugh. But I had to let her go. She isn't going to be an easy case.

She said it herself, she's not like most girls. And she isn't. She has her secrets and she's good at hiding them, and her emotions. She is going to make a perfect luna. And her cousin being my beta helps as well. 

Speak of the devil and he will show himself. The little bastard interpreted my thoughts as usual.

"What do you want," I asked officially annoyed. 

"You're in a mood," he smirked. "And to think, my baby cousin did that to you. I'm going to have to keep her away if you continue to act this way."

"Touch her, and I will show you why I'm the alpha king," I threaten. 

"Sheesh. I was joking," Oliver surrenders. 

"Just wait until you meet your mate."

"Ah no thank you, I'm perfectly fine with being a single pringle at that. Or as my cousin said an innocent milk chocolate fudge duck."

"Oliver, you are many things but innocent. And did she really say that."

"Yep," he said popping the 'p'. "She also doesn't like me cussing. Kai's mom and her will have a grand time together."

"Yep."

"But that's not why I came here. Alpha Lance is still calling trying to get you to meet him. And the vampire king is demanding you meet him as well. Both claiming issues with rouges."

"What are those suckers planning," I groaned. "We've been having more border action every day. Something is going on. And someone is behind it."

"Yeah, those suckers, as you put it, wouldn't be able to plan this all by themselves. Wait. When did this action start," he asked.

"A couple of weeks ago, maybe a month ago," I answered.

"Right after Elena came here right," he asked. 

"Yeah, but she wouldn't be able to do this. She's not a wolf and the rogues wouldn't listen to her, as well as the rogue vampires," I fired back. 

"Yeah but remember, her mother was killed as well as her father," Maybe it's connected.

"The police said that it wasn't related," I tried to deny it. But I couldn't, it was a coincidence.

"You're going to believe the human police," he said with a monotone voice. 

"Oh shut up," I said.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing your mate. I just think that something is off."

"I know you aren't accusing her. It's just hard to believe," It was a half-truth. It is hard to believe that someone would want to hurt my little fawn but it does explain her isolation. "I'll take that into consideration."

"Cool, I'm off to bed man, you should do the same."

And then it was me. Staring out my window in the direction of her house. And my wolf growling inside my head, pacing. And I know he won't let me sleep without making sure his mate is safe. I really hated him sometimes.

And that is how I got here. Sitting underneath the tree outside her window, watching her sleep. But she didn't look like a princess in the fairytales. She looked like she was in pain and in some much sorrow. My wolf took over. 

"Alpha is something wrong," his mate's aunt asked with her neck showing. But she did have her eyes near on us to see our reaction. He simply nodded his head and then turned his attention to his Little Fawn. That was his main priority. Her. "Goodnight Alpha, sleep well." She left, he didn't bother to check. He was going to make sure she was safe.

And that is how we fell asleep. Staring at our mate. He wouldn't leave her, even after checking the perimeter for rogues. He's too stubborn for his own good, just like her.