Chapter Twenty-six

I need help, let me know how many chapters you think this book should have, I don't want to draw this out, but I don't want to cut it short and cause plot holes. Comment below, and again if you wish to the following comment, I need to do that with everyone who's already commented on other chapters.

The walk to the pack house was excruciating. I didn't realize how far the pack borderline is from my house let alone the pack house. The only reason why I most likely made the trip because I had adrenaline coursing through my blood. Now that it wore off, I'm left with sore muscles and droopy eyes. 

It wasn't a right mix, but I was determined to check on Vanessa, to make sure she's still alive. And that determination outmatched everything else. And it gave me the ability to stay awake and make this walk. And by the time we made it, I had cuts and scratches, but I didn't care. Those can heal very quickly, Vanessa's injuries can't. But I had to put an end to my destination. 

I had another friend that needed my help. Edan was about to break down, and I knew that it would only be a matter of time. Oliver was trying to calm her down, but Edan was stubborn and wouldn't let him near her. And so, I took over, and I was the shoulder she needed to cry on; and she did cry, for hours. And when she fell asleep, I let Oliver take her to his room. It was the least that I could do. 

And then I went to Vanessa's room. I had to make sure that she was still alive. And when that was confirmed, I realized how late it was. The moon was high in the air, and the cloak just stroked two. Perfect, it was Monday meaning school. For once in my life, I was considering skipping school, I doubt I can make it. 

And I know that I won't be able to make it back home, so the couch it was. And I curled up in my usual ball and just when I was about to close my eyes, Eric interrupted.

"What are you doing."

"Well I was trying to go asleep, but somebody interrupted."

"You're not sleeping on the couch."

"Yes, I am."

"No, you're not."

"Look I'm tired, and all I want to do is sleep."

"I'm aware of that, but I don't want you to sleep on the couch."

"Well, where do you suppose I should sleep."

"My room."

"No," there was no way that I was going to sleep in the same bed he does. I do not trust him that much.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything," his smirked said other whys.

"You might not but your wolf could."

"Little Fawn do not have faith in my wolf," it came out as a tease.

"Yeah pretty much."

"How about this, I promise I won't do anything if you promise you won't go to school," his voice became serious. He didn't want me to go to school.

"But I have too. I don't want to miss any of my classes."

"Do you think you can make it through your classes. You can hardly stay awake."

He was right of course, and I wouldn't be able to stay awake let alone learn. So I did the only thing logically, I caved.

"Deal."