Chapter Thirty-four

I am so sorry that this chapter is late, I was spending the night at a friend of mine and got home close to twelve, and then I had to pack for the flight that I was going to take the next day, so sorry please forgive me.

Never talk to strangers, my mother drilled that message inside my head. Every mother teaches their children that lesson in fear of their children getting taken because they fell victim to a trap. But because of that, I started to become shy even with close family friends. If my parents were talking to someone, I didn't know, and I wouldn't talk to them at all. Some people thought I was mute, or incredibly shy, but my mother knew better.

She tried to undo her teaching and tell me that I can talk to anyone they talk to. But I brought up Victor and how he was a family friend. My mother didn't know how to thoroughly responded to that, so I still carry that terrible habit. Starting any relationship is difficult, which is why I'm shocked at how quickly I started talking to Eric and the gang. But how quickly it came back and haunted me When the vampire king showed up.

The vampire king, Liam, was indeed a gentleman. And he did indeed bring cats, but when he introduced himself, I didn't say anything. But I knew he knew who I was so it didn't matter. But it was important when we were talking about the recent occurrences. And I didn't talk, which when the meeting was over I realized that it was a mistake. But, luckily, Eric did all the talking. And I was glad because he made Liam realize how dangerous this situation was.

And now that Liam was aware of the situation, he made the best decision and allied with us. We now had the vampires support and thus, more soldiers. And those said soldiers came to our pack the next day. But because of that, Kai, Oliver, and Eric were all busy training, and for once, I wanted to be left alone. That was my first mistake.

The curtains are closed. They are never closed. And it was quiet; not even the birds were singing something they always did. But for some dumb reason, I went in any way. That was my second mistake.

I got ambushed right away. From what I could tell, there were about ten people. And they quickly realized how good of a fighter I am but it was ten against one. And there were always five people attacking me, so I grew tired. I already had a tough week, and soon my only hope was that Vanessa would be able to sense the vibrations. 

It happened so fast that I didn't have time to register anything, someone else joined the fight from the from the front door. And that said person hit me from behind me. So hard the I staggered, and that was it. The others attacked and brought me down. And no amount of fighting would do anything. I only had time to send one last vibration before a boot came down on me.