chapter 4

🧡Margot's POV🧡

I groan and slap Tanner on the back of the head for revealing my secret. He gives me an apologetic look as I turn to face Jack.

"Ok, you caught me. My name is Margot. Happy now?" I say with an obviously annoyed tone.

"Yes, I am. I'll see you around, Margot."

I turn back to see everyone staring at me. "What?" I ask.

"You are talking to Jack Avery now?" Anna says, speaking for everyone.

"Not willingly," I reply with a scoff.

"He is totally flirting with you. First this morning, and now this," Kendall says.

"Yeah but he flirts with everyone, it's part of his persona," Tanner adds.

"That's true. He's a player," Brooklyn says in agreement.

I look around and everyone is nodding. "I don't know why you're telling me this. I'm not interested. He is clearly a dick."

"Atta girl," Brookly says playfully pushing my arm.

,,,

The rest of lunch we talk about God knows what an then I go through the rest of my day. When school is finally over I go outside and wait in front of Tanner's car. We both have a shift at the ice cream shop after school today so he is giving me a ride. After five minutes of waiting, Tanner finally walks up to the car.

"Ugh finally. You should keep the car unlocked so I can get in."

He rolls his eyes as we both step into the car. "Or, you could get a license."

"Now why would I do that when I have you to drive me anywhere I want," I say as I reach over and pinch his cheek. He smacks my hand away as he pulls out of the parking lot. I grab the AUX cord and turn on my playlist. I hold my phone up to my mouth as a microphone and sing along to all the songs on my playlist while Tanner laughs at me. This goes on for the entire ride until we finally arrive at work. Tanner and I step out of the car and into the shop. The smell of fresh waffle cones overtakes us as we walk behind the counter and put on our aprons. When our manager, Ms. Lynn, sees us she immediately scolds us for being three minutes late. After she is done giving us a lecture she pulls a boy that looks around our age from the back room.

"This is Zach. He is a new hire and I want you to train him. I am going now, be sure to lock up." Ms. Lynn says while leaving the shop.

I turn to Tanner and he says,"What are the odds you will train him and I don't have to?"

"1-30." I reply.

"Ok. 1-2-3,"

"17!" both Tanner and I say in sync.

"Dammit!" I groan in frustration as Tanner laughs out of joy. "Ok Zach, let's get started."

🍑✴️🔶🧡