chapter 5

🧡Margot's POV🧡

It has been about a week since the first day of school. Zach and I have become really close friends. He has even started sitting with us at lunch along with his friends, Daniel, Corbyn, and Jonah. I haven't seen Jack since the first day of school, which is weird because I thought we had English together.

I get to lunch and see everyone already sitting down at the table. I slide into the seat between Tanner and Jonah as they argue about something stupid. Then I hear Zach begin to speak.

"Ok, now that we are all here," Zach starts, "Our friend has been out of town for a week and is coming back tomorrow. You guys don't mind if he starts hanging out with us, do you?" He is clearly directing the question towards Kendall, Anna, Brooklyn, Tanner, and I since the other boys already know him. We all just nod our heads and mutter words of acceptance. "Ok! Great!" Zach says. We all continue our normal lunch conversations until Jonah says something that captures everyone's attention.

"Are we all going to go to Connor's party on Friday?"

Everyone says something in along the lines of yes. I am the only one who shakes my head no. Everyone seems to notice my disagreement and I start getting pestered.

"Come on, Margot! It will be fun!" Anna says pleading. I just shake my head again.

"Pleeeaassseee," Tanner begs.

I laugh and shake my head as I say, "Parties just aren't my thing, sorry guys."

"Please, please, please, please," Corbyn says, "I'm going to keep going until you say yes. Please, please, please, ple-"

"Ok, ok! Fine, I'll go," I say, "But I'm going to complain the whole time."

"Yay!" They all cheer.

"Ok, let's go to class. Lunch is over," I say standing up and grabbing my bag.

,,,

Next day
🧡Margot's POV🧡

I went through the first three periods as usual but then when I got to my fourth period I saw an unexpected, and unwanted, yet familiar face.

"Hey, princess," he calls.

"I told you not to call me that," I snap as I sit in a seat all the way across the room.

"What are you doing over there?" He says getting up and walking over to me. "Get up," he growls at the boy sitting next to me. The poor guy hurriedly grabs his things and scrambles out of the seat.

"Is it your mission to annoy me," I said through my teeth.

"No. I thought you liked hanging out with me," he said fake pouting.

"You could not be more wrong," I said turning away from him. He laughed and I ignored him for the rest of class.
,,,
Finally English was over and it was time for lunch. I storm out of the classroom and start down the hallway when I feel someone behind me.

"Let me walk you to lunch, babe." I already know its Jack. Without turning around I yell back at him, "I am not your babe or princess or whatever else you want to call me. I am Margot. Call me by my name or don't talk to me at all." Surprisingly, he doesn't argue or even laugh at me. Instead, he says, "Ok, Margot, can I walk you to lunch? I think we will be sitting together." hearing this I stop and spin around. "You? You are are Zach's friend?" With a smirk, he says, "In the flesh."I roll my eyes and let out an audible groan. This is going to be rough

We arrive at the lunch room and Jack and I approach the table together. Upon seeing this Zach yells, "Ah! I see you two have met." I start to speed walk away from Jack and sit next to Tanner on the end of the bench, making it so Jack can't sit next to me. He can't sit across from me either because Brooklyn is already there. I sigh as I lay my head on Tanner's shoulder an nuzzle it into the crook of his neck. He lays his head on mine, "Rough day?" he asks. "You have no idea," I respond.

All of the sudden Kendall looks up at me, "Margot, I can't give you a ride home. Anna, Brooklyn, and I have to stay after school for Jacobson's class."

"All of you?" I ask. She nods her head and gives me an I'm sorry look. I look up at Tanner.

"Sorry," he says "Zach and I both have a shift." I groan, then look at Daniel and Corbyn.

"Sorry, we both walk," Daniel says. Jonah is home sick so that leaves one person. I look up at Jack who is smirking at me. I shake my head. "Nope. Not happening."

"Come on," He says.

"I'd rather walk."

Then Kendall chimes in, "Mar, you live 4 miles away. You can't walk." I shoot her a death glare in response. She shrugs.

"Looks like your riding with me," Jack says with a satisfied smirk.
,,,
I spend the rest of the day dreading the ride home. My last period ends and I drag my feet through the halls and finally reach the parking lot where Jack was waiting for me.

"I forgot that you ride a motorcycle," I say shaking my head. "There is no way I am getting on that."

"I have an extra helmet, you'll be fine." I continue to shake my head. "What are you going to do? Walk? You live too far." I roll my eyes and realize he's right.

"Fine." I sigh and take the helmet from his hand while kicking my leg over the bike.

"You're going to have to hold on tight," he says with an obvious smirk forming on his lips. I sigh in frustration and wrap my arms around his waist. "3 East 47th Street, go fast. I want to get this over with." He speeds off out of the parking lot and heads toward my house. I felt like we were going a million miles an hour and was scared for my life. I squeezed my eyes shut and laid my head against his back. Finally, we arrive at my house.

"Never doing that again," I said shoving my helmet into Jack's chest. He laughs and shakes his head, setting down the helmet I gave back to him.

"You going to Connor's party?" He asks.

"Crap I forgot about that. Unfortunately, yes."

His eyes light up a little. "See you there," he says as he drives off.

🍊✴️🍑🧡🔶

A/N- The next two chapters are going to be really short, one will be the girls getting ready than an Instagram chapter.