chapter 8

🧡Margot's POV🧡

On the way to the party, I spend the time on Instagram liking and commenting on everyone's photos. We finally arrive and all get out of the car. We stare in awe of the huge mansion in front of us. Damn, I should be friends with Connor Smith. I am interrupted from my thoughts when I hear Tanner come up behind me and say, "Ready?" as he grabs my hand. I look up at him and smile. "Yup," I say, popping the 'p'. Right when we walk into the house we are greeted by blaring music and drunk teenagers. Then we see all of the other boys.

"Hey! There you guys are!" says a clearly intoxicated Zach. I look around at the other boys who seem to be drunk already too, except for Jack.

"We're going to go get drinks," I hear Tanner yell over the music as he releases my hand. I see Jack look down at our previously intertwined fingers and something flickers in his eyes. In response to Tanner, I give a  slight nod and he heads off with Kendall. Brooklyn and Anna have already disappeared. I turn back to the boys and begin dancing with them. I spend most of the time laughing at their stumbling, then I turn to Jack, "You drink?" I ask. He shakes his head in response. I am going to say something else but then I feel someone drag me away from the boys. I turn around and see an unfamiliar face.

"You're Margot, right?"

I nod in response, still not sure who I am talking to.

"I'm Connor, the host."

"Oh ok! Sorry, I don't think we've ever met."

"No, we haven't. Here, have a drink."

I shake my head. "No, I don't drink."

"C'mon! Losen up! It's a party!"

"No, really, I don't drink. I'm driving tonight."

His face get's really serious and he grabs my wrist trying to pull me away as he mutters something about "having one drink won't kill me".

"Stop!" I say as he continues to drag me away from the boys. Once we are out of the room where everyone is dancing he stops.

"One drink won't kill you. Have one." He says. But he isn't asking me anymore. He is telling me, which makes me think there is a reason he wants me to take that drink, other than 'partying'. Right when I'm about to respond I feel someone come up next to me and wrap an arm around my waist. It's Jack.

"Mind if I steal my girlfriend away?" He says to Connor as he turns us around and begins to walk away. Girlfriend? What the fuck?

As we are walking away I can hear Connor audibly scoff and he says, "Fine. She's no fun anyway." In response, Jack holds up his middle finger without turning around causing me to laugh. We continue to walk and I say, "Thanks for saving me." He keeps walking as he says, "That guy seemed really sketchy and I didn't think he was going to leave you alone." I nod and then I realize that we are still walking, and he still has his arm around my waist. "Where are we going?" I ask. He doesn't respond. He leads me to a glass door and slides it open, revealing a pool.

"Come on, let's sit." He kicks off his shoes and walks over to the pool. He sits on the edge and puts his feet in. I do the same. We sit in a comfortable silence for a while before he finally says something, "Are you and Tanner, like, a thing?" This makes me laugh. "What? Why is that funny?" I start to laugh even harder. I finally calm myself down enough to respond. "Tanner is my best friend. We are not a thing. Why? You jealous?" I tease as I nudge his shoulder with mine. He blushes in response causing me to laugh more.

"Come on let's go back inside," he says offering me a hand. I put my hand in his and pull myself up. We walk back inside and are once again greeted with loud music and drunk teenagers.
,,,
After about 2 more hours of dancing and laughing at my drunk friends I decided I should probably make them leave. "Ok guys let's go," I say as I try to support Anna who is leaning on my shoulder. Kendall and Brooklyn both groan but Tanner nods his head in agreement. "I'm going to walk Anna an Tanner to the car but I'll be back for you two," I say pointing at Brooklyn and Kendall.

After I return to the house from the car, I walk back to the dance floor and try to round up Kendall and Brooklyn. While I'm doing this I see Jack trying to coax the boys to Jonah's car. After about five minutes of bribing Brooklyn and Kendall with Taco Bell and other various foods, they finally agreed to leave. I walk them out to the car and get them settled before saying, "I'm goig to go help Jack round up the other boys. I'll be back." They all nod while they lean back in their seats and start to drift off.

I walk back to the group of boys. "Need help?" I ask Jack with a smirk. "Yes please," he says groaning. I laugh and say, "Hey guys, we're going to Taco Bell! Anyone interested?" They all nod their heads in agreement before walking towards the door. As we are leaving, Jack leans over and whispers to me, "Are we actually going to Taco Bell?" I laugh and say, "Hell no! They'll be passed out before we get there." He smirks, "You are very clever."

🍊✴️🍑🧡🔶