Chapter 21: Dreadful pain

-

Emma Windsor P.O.V

The pain wouldn't go away, and I glared at Chanel, my teeth clenched. She snatched the blade out of my left thigh, and I scream in agony. Chanel smiles, enjoying me suffer. They moved in me to the living area, and by they, it was Vince and Chanel. 

"Please stop," I groan, and she bends down to my level. And of course, they had to tie me to a chair. Were people looking for me? Where was my mom? 

Before Chanel could speak, the doors barge open. The tears threaten to fall when I see Ryder, and almost in a blink, Ryder shoots Chanel in the back. Her eyes go wide, realising what happened when her body falls limp on the floor. 

I choke out a sob. Too many people dying at my feet. Ryder's jaw clenched when he saw me, until Vince let out an angry growl. Vince flicks out his gun, but Ryder aims at him. That's when there's a clicking sound, and I realise that Ryder ran out of bullets. 

Vince's angry face was soaked with tears, avoiding Chanel's body and glaring at Ryder. He smiles wickedly, before raising his gun. My heart stops. 

A shot fires. 

I glance at Ryder, and there's a bloody wound in his shoulder. I let out a painful cry as I see Ryder struggle to stand up. Vince then quickly grabs me, the ropes ripping from the force. He points the gun at my head, and my body starts to shake. 

Is this it? 

"Let her go," Ryder yells, gritting his teeth. I start to cry, my body trembling with fear. I mouth to Ryder, I love you. His jaw clenches, tears soaked in his eyes. I give him a sad smile. I will always love you, Ryder. 

That's when everything happened so fast. Ryder quickly got up, gritting his teeth from the pain. He lunges at Vince, and I'm pushed to the side. Suddenly, a dreadful pain hits my head. 

Darkness engulfs me.