Chapter 38: dresses & suits

^^^

Just picture there is a red rose in his suit pocket hehe xoxo

-

Chapter 38

Emma Windsor P.O.V

"Really Emma?" My mother asks, loose strands of hair falling from her bun. She was beyond angry, her eyes sharp as she holds up the letter in her hand. I mentally groan, throwing my bag on the couch. 

"What? She provoked me." I shrugged, taking a grape from the bowl on the kitchen bench. I look up to see my mother fuming, the letter crumpled in her hand. 

"So you attack her? I thought she was your best friend!" 

I thought so too. 

"Not anymore," I mumble quietly, watching as my mother sighs heavily. I'm taken by surprise as my mother suddenly embraces me between her arms, keeping me close. It takes a moment before I wrap my arms around her small waist, hugging her back. My mother wanted to talk to me, so I did. I bonded with her just like mother and daughter. It made me feel better. 

My phone suddenly rings, and I freeze once I see Ryder's name pop up on the screen. After he pulled me out into the car park, he told me off for attacking Hayley. I was hurt and confused as to why he was defending Hayley. I decided to pick up the phone on the last ring, bringing it to my ear as I excuse myself from the kitchen. 

I walk outside, fumbling with my sleeves. "Hello?" 

"Get dressed- we're going to a ball." 

-

I looked in the mirror, the red fitted dress hugging my body as it reaches the floor. I wore my mother's finest earnings, my most expensive necklace that I owned, and wore simple white heels. I told my mother that I was going out to dinner to an expensive restaurant with Ryder, but she was still suspicious. After begging my heart out to her, she finally let me go. 

I was asking myself over and over again on why I was agreeing to this. I took one last look in the mirror before heading downstairs. A knock on the door got me to my feet as I kissed my mother goodbye. 

It felt as if the air was knocked out of me when I opened the door. Ryder stood there, a sly smirk on his face. His dark hair was still a mess, but not like bed hair. He wore a black suit that fitted his muscular body well with a small red rose in his pocket. 

His eyes lit up when he saw me, looking me up and down. "You look beautiful," 

I hide the blush, "Thank you- oh look, we're matching." I say, trying to avoid the awkwardness as my mom watches us from the window. Ryder chuckles, taking my hand as I step out the front door. I wave my mother goodbye, walking towards Ryder's car. 

"Oh, and why are we going to a ball, may I ask?" I ponder, watching as Ryder holds the car door open. 

He clenches his jaw, "We're killing Vince, tonight." 

-

Hi guys! Thank you so much for 22.5k reads! How amazing is that?! I'm still in shock, and I love each and every one of you for reading this book and giving it a chance. I am so grateful for my readers! xoxo

And, if you want, you should DEFINITELY check out my other book,

'THE IMMORTAL DESIRE'! please give it some love, it would be appreciated. ♡

 ♡