Chapter 22: Amnesia

-

Ryder Jones P.O.V

My body ached from the same position for the past hours. I stared at Emma's peaceful face, watching as her chest rises and falls. I can't believe those bastards fucking touched her. After Emma fell and hit her head, she was put in a Coma. The doctors don't know how bad the situation is, but until she wakes up, we'll find out. 

It's been a week, and she hasn't moved. 

I snap out of gaze when I her a familiar voice. I jolt out of my chair, looking at Emma with shock and love. I nearly laughed from happiness, but nothing ever lasts. 

"Who are you?" Her small, fragile voice says. My jaw clenches. What?

"I'm Ryder? Your boyfriend." I say, chuckling. That's when she has a horrified expression on her face, and she starts to scream. I try and keep her quiet, but then numerous doctors start pouring into the room. 

I start to panic as they calm Emma down, what were they doing to her? Did they do something to her memory? That's when a hand latches onto mine, bringing me back to reality. Doctor Seed looks at me, pulling me out of the room. 

I collect my hand away from him, glaring. "What the fuck, did you do to her?!" I yell. 

"We didn't do anything to her, Ryder. When she hit her head, she hit the left side of her head pretty hard and normally they don't remember what happened." He pauses, and my brows are raised. 

"What are you saying?" I ask. He sighs. 

"She has Amnesia, Ryder. That's why she doesn't remember you and lashed out." He says, his tone serious. 

My heart clenches, my breath caught in my throat. Fuck. 

***

Sorry for the short chapter, but the next one will be longer and uploaded sooner! And if you guys don't know what Amnesia is, Amnesia is a deficit in memory caused by brain damage, disease, or psychological trauma. The memory can be either wholly or partially lost due to the extent of damage that was caused.

-Sweetie x