Chapter Four:

Sunlight crept through the window of Paul's bedroom as he woke up, eyes blinking blearily as he started his day. He'd slept roughly, every time he wasn't physically near Bella, his sleep was jerky and broken. He stressed about her, having dreams that involved only her, he didn't dream about anything else anymore.

Kicking the sheets off his tan legs, he stood up, yanked his boxers straight, and immediately headed for his phone. Typing in his password, he opened the screen up. Scrolling through some text messages from other members of his pack without opening them, he was only looking for one name in particular.

Bella. And there she was. She'd texted an hour ago, asking if he wanted to go for breakfast. Ooops.

Paul glanced at the clock and sighed, it was already 10:30, he'd slept in, but he did want food.

Sure babe. He texted back, I'll be over soon and pick you up ;) let me shower, and shave my scruffy face

He'd woken up with stubble, and he looked unkempt with his hair sticking up, and his face unshaved.

Ding! His phone went off, and Bella had instantly texted him back. I like the scruffy look! J see you soon!

Paul momentarily considered keeping his scruff, just based on Bella's compliment, but he decided against it, and soon he was shaved, showered, and ready to go. He tousled his hair up a little, and put on a sufficiently wrinkled, clean, tshirt. It took a lot of preparation to look this gently ruffled.

Heading out, he drove his truck to Bella's house, and picked her up. "Hey baby," he greeted her when she got in the car, leaning over to give her a kiss. "How was your sleep?"

She sighed as she settled into the seat of the truck. "Uh, not great." She tossed her brunette hair over one shoulder before buckling up her seatbelt. "I keep having nightmares about Victoria, and worrying about my dad, and you.." she trailed off, sighing once more before staring out the window of the truck.

Paul's eyebrows furrowed as he pulled out of the driveway. He didn't like to hear that she was worried. It bothered him, and it made him feel like a bad protector.

"Why don't you come and live with me?" He asked her, voice gruff, "We can get a trailer and live on the reserve till I make some better money and get us a house." Paul glanced over at Bella, to see how she'd react to the question.

She sighed, "But what about Charlie? I worry about him being alone... especially if Victoria wants to hurt him."

It was Paul's turn to sigh. "He's less safe with you living there, then if you were living with me. The pack would still watch over Charlie. We'll catch Victoria." He was sure of it. Keeping his eyes on the road, he asked again. "What do you think of living with me?"

Bella shifted her backpack between her feet, and there was a pause before she answered. "I love you Paul, and I know that we're imprinted. But don't you think moving in would be a little fast?" She glanced over at him, "I don't even know your favourite colour, yet." Biting her lip, she looked down at her lap, not sure what to say next.

Paul chuckled, deep in his chest, before answering. "That's alright, Bella. I forget that some people don't want to move as fast as I do." He grinned, "We'll keep getting to know each other." With a flirty wink, and a half cocked grin, he added, "My favourite colour is olive green."

Bella smiled shyly when he told her, and brushing a strand of loose hair off of her face, she spoke, "Mine's brown." He cocked his head to the side a little, taking his eyes off the road to linger on her face. "Brown?" Paul asked, unsure if she was teasing him or not. Biting her lower lip, god , he loved when she did that, Bella nodded. "It's warm, and comforting."