Chapter Nine:

After the early morning sex, Bella decided she was going to go home and pick some things up. "Don't stress about me," she told Paul with a little laugh when he protested her leaving. "I'll only be about an hour. I'm going to grab some clothes, and books that I left behind and I'll be back in a little. I'm sure you've got something pack related to attend to."

She wasn't wrong, and Paul had been shirking his responsibilities since she'd been at his house. He didn't want to leave her alone, mostly, he wanted to spend every waking moment either looking at her, or humping her. There was no in between.

She smoothed the front of her button down shirt, and leaned over the table to give him a little kiss. "I'm not an infant, I can go- it's okay."

Paul agreed, begrungingly, that she would probably be safe to go to the house by herself, and Bella headed out. It was actually nice to drive the truck again, she hadn't driven somewhere on her own in days. The stress of Victoria was too much, and she hated how it was making Paul and Jacob. Her mind flitted to Jacob for a second. She hadn't talked to him in days, since her and Paul had imprinted it had made their relationship stressful and she wasn't sure how to fix it. She still loved him like a friend, and wanted to hang out, but she didn't want to pressure him to be her friend if he didn't want to be.

Pulling into her dad's driveway, she got and headed inside. Charlie wasn't there, it was during work hours, so he was probably down at the station, and she headed up to her room. She grabbed a bag that was hanging on the back of her door, and started tossing things into it.

"Going somewhere?" A voice asked, and she nearly jumped out of her skin.

Spinning around, she saw Edward, leaning against her window sill. She wasn't sure if he'd just jumped in, or if he'd just been leaning out of sight in the corner of the room.

"N-no." She told him, a little bit anxious to be alone with him right now.

"Do I scare you?" He asked, walking across the room and standing right in front of her, his sharp eyes staring through her. She felt a little light headed at the strength of his gaze.

She shook her head and let out a nervous laugh. "Of course not, I uh, I'm not scared-" Bella took a step back but there was nowhere left to go, her back pressed against the door.

He walked forward, closing the space in between them, putting one hand on the back of the door, right beside her head. "You know I still love you-".

Her heart jumped into her throat when he said that, and she pressed the bag against her chest harder, unsure what to say.

Edward leaned closer, sniffing the side of her neck. "You're intoxicating. I left to try and keep you safe-"

Bella cut him off this time with a frown, "You left. That's the thing, Edward. You left me here and I didn't think you were coming back. I've moved on-". She tried to duck out from under his arm, but he stopped her, pressing his body against hers, and she made a sound of protest.

"I was keeping you safe-" he told her, his lips half parted in the way that always drove Bella crazy. For a second she felt her heart speed up in excitement, but she shook it off.

"I'm perfectly safe, thank you-" She told him and tried to duck under his arm again. This time, annoyed, Edward gently pressed her against the door, fingers near her neck.

"Let me go." She told him firmly, looking straight into his eyes. "I don't appreciate this Edward. You're making things really difficult for yourself, Paul's not going to be-"

Edward cut her off, "Don't talk to me about that dirty dog", tipping his head to the side, and for the first time, she noticed his eyes weren't the soft golden-yellow they were when he left, and noticed they had red tinges to them. For the first time, she was scared. She had never seen Edward with red in his eyes and that made him unpredictable. He'd been drinking human blood.

Leaning in closer, his lips brushed her ear. "I can smell him on you, you know. That smell of dog, it's strong but-" he closed his eyes for a second and breathed, "But I can smell your blood stronger." He licked his lower lip. "There's just something about you being his that makes me want you more-".

Bella let out a loud groan and smack his chest with the bag and her free hand. "Just, fucking stop it!" She shouted. "I'm not a pawn you two can fight over! I'm a fucking person! Stop it!"

Edward took a step backwards in surprise, and Bella reached for the door to yank it open. Edward grabbed her upper arm and pulled her, nearly yanking her off her feet, and slammed her into the door so hard she lost her breath.

Bella let out a terrified squeek as Edward crushed his mouth against hers. He was cold, and statuesque, his mouth pressing against hers hard enough that it felt like she couldn't breathe. There was nothing she could do so she let him kiss her, her hands shoved firmly against his chest, trying to push him away.

Finally, he let her breathe and she gasped, swallowing air like she was having it for the first time in her life. He looked her over, somehow expecting her to be enamoured with him after the forced kiss.

"Don't ever do that again-" Bella snarled at him, her eyes filling with tears of frustration. "If Paul finds out, he'll rip you apart-".

Edward smirked, and Bella didn't like this new Edward, blood thirsty, vain, objectifying and pushy. She was scared of him.

Edward let out a low chuckle, "I'm so frightened by your show dog-" he grinned, "Shaking in my boots-". He trailed a finger down the side of Bella's cheek. "Your protests just make me hungrier." He slid one of his hands up her shirt, and Bella cried out. At one point she would have died for this to happen. She'd craved his touch, and deep in her mind she probably still did, but right now she didn't.

"Edward, don't please-" she begged, his cold hand sliding under her bra and feeling her nipple.

"What about him makes him better?" Edward asked her coldly. "Is it because he's warm? You can feel the blood running through him while he humps you like an animal?" His lip curled, "You can feel the warmth in his lips while he eats your pussy?"

Bella's cheeks flushed and she looked away, embarrassed by what he was saying. "Edward, stop it."

He leaned forward, lips and tongue brushing over the side of her neck, "Alice told me you have my child. I'm just moving it along-".

Bella's heart dropped in her chest, and she cringed away.

"Is that so repulsive to you now?" Edward asked her, eyes cold. "At one point you would have begged me to put a baby in you." He licked his lower lip, and rubbed his dick against her thigh. "In fact, I'm thinking of putting a baby in you right now-".

Bella blushed again, because he wasn't wrong. She had desperately wanted a baby from him, but that was before. "Things change, Edward. Leave me alone-". She shifted, trying to avoid him, feeling his dick pressing against her thigh. He breathed heavier, hands slowly moving down to the front of her pants.

"P-please, Edward-" she begged again, and suddenly her cellphone rang in her pocket, 'Hungry like the wolf' by Duran Duran started playing. Edward seemed surprised, and his hands stopped moving.

Edward and Bella stood there, before he pulled back, letting her stand there. "Better take the call from your dog-" he snarled, and then, he was gone. Out the window and back to his house, leaving Bella shocked and shaking, her phone ringing in her hand.

Answering it quickly she tried to sound pleasant.

"Oh! Hey baby! Sorry I'm a little late, I got distracted in my room! I'll be right back, I'm just finishing up now-". She got off the phone and slumped down to the ground. She felt violated, and unsafe, and scared. Would Paul be able to protect her from Edward? She didn't know. Edward's infatuation with her was scary, and the fact she had no defense against him was terrifying. .