Chapter Seven:

It wasn't just Paul's world that was sent spinning at those words, Bella felt a mixture of emotions crash over her. There was shock, interest, horror, and deep down, maybe so far that she didn't even know what she felt, a feeling that she wanted it to be true. She knew that she still loved Edward, he was her first love, she'd probably love him forever, but the feeling she felt for Paul was so much different, and stronger.

Her mouth gaped a little, looking at him, and Paul for once, was at a loss for words. Edward, on the other hand, stood smug as can be, his chiselled features reflecting the light from the night, looking pleased with himself.

Bella ran a hand through her brunette hair, and stared at him. No one said anything for a painfully long time, before, with a snap, Paul lunged forward like he was going to push Edward. Edward simply stepped out of the way, and Paul shouted at him, "You're lying!"

Paul was flushed all the way down into his neck, and his veins throbbed. How he hadn't transformed yet was a miracle. He was sweating, and furious. He was so angry that he didn't even know how to act.

Bella dashed forward and grabbed Paul's arm, and Edwards gaze flicked to her hands wrapping around the other man's arm before flicking back up to Paul's face. "I can assure you that I'm not. A very reliable source told me that it will be true."

For the first time, Bella scowled. "You can't rely on Alice's visions one hundred percent. You know that! Things change. She sees things that might happen. It doesn't mean that they're true." Her lips pursed into a thin line as she looked at him, aware that he was actually just trying to upset Paul. She was suddenly less upset.

"You're just trying to upset him-" her touch on Paul's arm calmed him, and he glanced back and forth between Bella and Edward. "The psychic leech makes mistakes?" He asked Bella, confused. He'd also assumed that the "source" Edward was talking about was Alice.

"Not mistakes per say," Bella explained, "But people can change their decisions and things change. Or sometimes she'll only see a glimpse, and it won't be a full story." Her brown eyes rested on Edward. "He's trying to upset us."

Edward smiled a little half smile, and crossed his arms over his defined chest. "It's true that sometimes things can change." He nodded a little, "But I feel very strongly that this is going to be true, which is why I came back to-" he paused, "Sort things out." His eyebrow arched a little and he looked at Paul, daring him to make another move. It didn't help that he could read his mind. He knew what the poor man was going to do before he did it.

This time it was Bella's face that grew dark and stormy. "I don't want you here!" She snapped at him, a little spit flying out of her mouth while she yelled. "You've done enough! You left me behind! You left me here! Alone!" Her voice cracked a little, remembering the emotions she felt when he left her, how crushed and hopeless she felt. Paul wrapped his arm around her, turning his body to the side, sheltering her almost. "I don't want you here. Paul and I are happy. You can go. Stop messing with my life!" With that, Bella turned away, and Paul led her towards the car.

Edward stood with his arms still crossed against his chest, until they were out of sight. He wasn't finished yet. Alice had told him what she'd seen. Two separate visions, one, him coming back to Forks and reuniting with Bella, and two, Bella announcing to everyone that she was pregnant. This wasn't going to be wrong. Edward knew that leaving her behind was a mistake, especially now that he'd seen her with another man. Jealousy was blossoming in the pit of his stomach, and he felt on edge. He felt like he had something to prove, to win her back from Paul.

He didn't understand the match, either. WhyPaul? Had they met through Jacob? He was fairly certain that she would havefallen into Jacob's arms while he was gone, but he had no worry of winning herback from him had he returned. Jacob was well meaning, but romantically weak.Paul on the other hand, was dominant, and confident, and vicious. A faintflicker of anxiety ran through him before he quashed it. It wasn't the time forworry, it was the time to plan. He had many thing he needed to start on if hewas going to set his plan in motion to win Bella back