Chapter Thirteen:

The rest of the afternoon after hanging out with Jacob, Bella tried to be functional. She did the laundry when she got home, and had a quick shower. After doing some dishes, and some other chores, she sat down at the kitchen table, and started working on a plan. She'd felt a little bad for going behind Paul's back and visiting Jacob, and remembered something he'd said a while ago about liking one of her sun dresses, so she put it on, and put her hair up. Bella had been home for quite a while when Paul got home and pulled the truck up. She'd been scribbling in her notebook, trying to piece together a functional plan.

She'd been busy trying to work out how to get in contact with the Cullen's, and what she'd settled on, was faking her death. She knew that Alice could only see glimpses of events, and this might be perfect. If she could somehow make it look like she was either killed in an accident, or was about to kill herself, maybe one of them would come and see. She didn't put it past Edward to still be keeping tabs on her, especially after their last interaction, so she was worried he would know it was false. She couldn't decide between a faux suicide attempt, or crashing the car and pretending it was an accident that way.

Bella was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she didn't even hear Paul come in. The front door opened and closed without her even noticing, and she jumped a little when he came in the room. She didn't want him knowing about her plan, and possibly spoiling it by passing it on to the others.

"Hey baby-" he grinned when he walked in, smile covering his handsome face. He was wearing a plaid shirt, with the sleeves ripped off, and a pair of cut off jeans. He hadn't shaved that morning, and five o'clock shadow had darkened his jaw line.

Bella slid the notebook under the couch before he saw it, and turned, folding her legs underneath her.

"I missed you," she told him with a smile, signalling for him to come give her a kiss. He padded over, pressing his lips to hers, stubble brushing against her cheek. "I missed you too-" he told her, deepening the kiss, before suddenly, he broke away, cocking his head to the side.

"What's the matter?" She asked with a half smile, brushing a strand of dark hair off of her cheek.

Paul's brow furrowed, and his head tipped to the side. "What did you do today, Bella?"

She smiled, but it faltered a little, nervously. "I did some cleaning, and putted around the house." She tried to change the topic quickly. "I'm thinking about making a garden out back."

Paul stayed looking at her for a second, before the smell of her shampoo distracted him. "Do you want to go out to dinner or something?" He asked, nuzzling the side of her neck, and planting another kiss on her lips.

She grinned, "I don't know. I kind of wanted to spend the night in with you, maybe order in? Watch a movie?" She ran her hands over his chest, feeling the ripple of muscles under the skin. He was so perfect.

He smirked, "I was hoping you'd say that, as much fun as fingering you at the restaurant would be-".

Bella flushed at what he said, the blush darkening her cheeks, and Paul laughed. "Don't be so shy," he grinned, sitting down on the couch, running a hand over her thigh. "Get on my lap-" he told her in a tone of voice she knew wasn't a suggestion. Bella climbed on top, straddling his lap before lowering herself onto his crotch. She could feel his boner pressing into her thigh, and his eyes looked dark with arousal. He licked his lower lip, his hands flipping up the edge of her dress, and running over the soft skin of her pale thighs.

"I'm not shy." Bella told him, the blush still not faded from her cheeks, and the pink deepening as he ran his fingers up the inside of her soft thighs, growing closer towards her panties.