5 - you're lying to me

"Hey mom, so the doctor called while you were at work. She said that we need to come in as soon as possible. Tomorrow seems like a good time since you have it off."

"Last time I checked I'm not your mom but I could be your dad if you wanted."

"Oh shit. Uh, sorry."

"Why do you need to go to the doctor?"

"Listen can we um, talk later or something? Nows not a very good time."

"Are you ok? You aren't threatening me or being sarcastic."

"Yeah, yeah I-I'm fine. I gotta go."

"Audrey-"

...

"This can't be happening. Not again..."

*

"Hey..."

"Hi."

"I didn't mean to call you yesterday."

"So your ex boyfriend's and your mom's number is almost identical to mine?"

"Clicked the wrong contact apparently..."

"So what's up? What's with the uh, non sarcastic attitude? Does it have anything to do with going to the doctors?"

"What? Oh, no. That was just a regular visit."

"..."

"..."

"You're lying to me, kitten."

"What did I say about you calling me that? It's like you don't listen at all. But what's new?"

"You're changing the subject."

"It's nothing to worry about, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

"Listen, Mr. Whatever-your-name-is, I have stuff going on in my life. You have stuff going on in yours. I don't ask you about it, so just forget that even happened, capeesh?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Don't call me that either. I'm not a thirty year old woman."

"How old are you then?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

"Why are you so difficult?"

"Why are you so annoying?"

"..."

"..."

"Fine. But one day, I will break down that wall you hide behind and there's nothing you can do to stop it."

...

"Did he just hang up on me?"