38 - no puedo perderte...

"There's a lot of things I want to say."

"I-I don't know how to say them so..."

"I guess that's what this is for."

"But god knows when you'll wake up."

"God knows if I'll ever hear your voice again."

"Everyone keeps saying to have hope that you'll get better."

"I've never been one to pray or go to church. But I've been praying...so fucking much."

"Not exactly sure how that stuff works, or if anyone can hear me. Probably not—nope. Hope. That's right. Just gotta keep hoping..."

"Hell, if a higher power does exist then they're getting a mouthful from me. Do you think they'll mark me as spam or something? Maybe they have post offices' where all prayers end up. That'd be cool."

"Anyways, the doctor said comatose patients can often hear everything going on around them. Part of me hopes you'll remember, that you're able to hear what I'm saying. Another part of me wishes I'd just shut up already."

"..."

"There's a few things I need to get off my chest."

"When we first met and you punched that kid in the face, I thought you were the cutest girl in my class."

"When we had to move, I cried for hours because I thought I'd never see you again."

"When some time had passed, I didn't think about you as much as I thought I would. You became a distant memory."

"But during freshman year, I almost forgot about that cute neighbor girl from years ago. Even though recognition clicked, I never approached cause' I thought you wouldn't remember who I was or would be really mad at me for not saying goodbye."

"..."

"God just please be ok."

"..."

"You have to be ok, Auddie."

"You have to."

"..."

"No puedo perderte..."

*
GUYS!
First real big-ish mile stone.
1k reads.
I can't believe it. I've been waiting. I think we actually hit it yesterday after I uploaded chapter 37. Or something like that.
Also reached 100 comments woop woop.

As most of you can tell, and because I've already said it, Audrey has cancer.

The book is also coming to an end but there will be a couple of bonus chapters after it has been marked 'complete' so be sure to check them out.

Love you all. Thanks for all of the love and support.
❤️