3; Make me your addiction

CHAPTER 3

-

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, cigarette or love.

Her hands shakes, lips quiver.

Earlier, Jeongguk asked her to wait for him to get over with his shift so he could properly thank her for saving him from those clingy girls.To which, she gladly agreed but now the time is different.

Nikki cannot wait for him any longer. She wants a quick smoke, she needs a quick smoke.

With same shaking hands, she collects her things from around the table and rushes out of the cafe. Jeongguk widens his eyes when he sees her figure walking out.

"I'll be right back, Lilly." Jeongguk voices without even bothering to hear her reply.

His legs speed up as they follow her. Upon reaching closer to the car which is parked in the small parking lot behind the cafe area, Jeongguk sees her struggling with something. Her whole body is shivering.

"Nikki.." He calls out her name, softly.

She panics and turns around. Her eyes almost pop out, seeing the man. She tries to act normal but couldn't when the box of cigarettes slips out from her hand. It was hidden perfectly till yet.

Jeongguk squints his eyes, staring at the box on the road close to her shoes. He immediately steps closer to pick it up but her reflexes are fast enough to grab before he could.

Nikki breathes fast and heavy. "I'm sorry, I have to go. See you later, okay?" trying to hide how terrible she feels behind a smile. Turning around to open the car door, she manages to put all her things in the passenger seat.

I definitely saw a pack of cigarettes, my eyes can't be playing games. Jeongguk wonders.

Jeongguk gulps down his throat harshly. "Are you in a hurry or something?" His eyes wandering around her, slowly noticing the little to small things. She is acting different.

Nikki smiles, turning to face him completely. "Ah, yes. I got some urgent work." lying straight on his face.

She doesn't want to lie but have no other choice. Only you know about her habit, her addiction. She can't take the risk by letting him know her dirty secrets. What if he tells Jimin? What if he doesn't like her? But does he even like her to begin with?

"You wanna smoke urgently?"

Her eyes sparkle as she stares into his. They give away no emotion but only seem to shine. Nikki nods her head, diverting the gaze while scratching her neck awkwardly. She is embarrassed. He saw it already, there's no point lying anymore.

Jeongguk takes the car key from her hand and locks it.

In a snap of a finger, she finds herself being dragged by him back to the cafe. Nikki stumbles in her steps trying to catch up with his. His jaw tightens also his grip around her small wrist. She is in faze, staring at his big hands wrap around her, tightly.

"Where are you taking me," She finally manages to ask.

Jeongguk doesn't answer, pulling the glass door of the cafe. He walks towards the main counter and removes the apron. "Wait here." He tells Nikki with a stern voice and she does as told totally clueless.

"Can I have two hot coffees, please?" Jeongguk orders. Lilly eyes him but quickly punches in his order as he hands her over the money and all Nikki does is stare him in awe despite of her raging need of smoking. "Also, pass me the keys to the terrace area?" He smiles politely at Lilly.