13; She is anything but easy

CHAPTER 13

He leads her to a small table in a quiet restaurant, not one of those fancy ones but a simple one where most of the tables are empty. But they didn't mind it at all. Though, Jeongguk insists her to go to some fancy one but she smiles and says how the numbers doesn't matter to her when the food and company is worth it. He never imagined someone growing up rich to be so. He pulls out a chair, she sits, thanking him and the bunny boy grins sitting across her. 

A waiter approaches with a sweet smile on his lip, greeting and handing them the menus. Without wasting much time, they order their respective dishes with some soju. How can an authentic Korean food is complete without having soju? And the waiter quickly notes down the order leaving them alone once again. 

Nikki notices him staring at her so she decides to make a conversation as its always him trying and putting an effort to do the talking between them. Its her time to show him, what is he putting himself into and checking if he can handle her or no. 

"So, Here we are," She breaks through the comfortable silence floating around them. 

He nods, smiling sweetly, "I still can't believe," 

She leans forward to bop his nose. A shy smile slips out. "Do you believe, now?" Nikki says. Jeongguk only watches her while bopping his head. He loves watching her. A voyeur looking into a secret world. And Nikki begins to enjoy his gaze, soaking it in and feeling his eyes move over her. From her eyes to her nose, cheeks, lips. The curve of her neck, slope of her shoulders, her chest. This time, Nikki notices him staring deeply at her chest. She blushes but composed. 

"You're really enjoy the view, ain't you?" Nikki snickers, teasingly. 

Jeongguk gulps down harshly eyes back to hers. "Trust me, this is my favorite view," He confesses without stuttering slightly taken aback by his own words. 

They lock eyes across the table everything around them fades away, in a universe of their own, lost in the depths of each other's eyes. She can feel his desires, he hers. Right now, its not lustful but calm, gentle, controlled. With a sense of longing to escape forever into that universe around them. They barely notices the waiter as he places the food between them and goes back with a slight bow. 

Nikki watches him as he eats, calmly bringing each morsel to his lips. She marvels at the pleasure of he takes from each bite. His face amazingly expressive with every bite as if he's tasting it for the first time. Jeongguk gazes at her noticing how she hasn't even started eating. His doe eyes, blinking rapidly making him look so innocent. 

"Why are you not eating?" He asks, placing his own metal chopsticks on the table slightly worried on how he started eating so shamelessly without noticing her. He is so used to eating alone that it has become a habit of his, quickly pouncing on the food. "Ain't you hungry?" 

She chuckles, shaking her head. "You look extremely adorable while eating so I was admiring it," 

His heart skips a beat. He doesn't know how to react to all the sudden cheesy comments he has been getting for the first from the girl he longed to be with. He bites on his bottom lip, suppressing the small grin to turn into a huge one. And without hesitating, Jeongguk picks up his chopstick and feeds his piece of meat to her with glossy eyes. Nikki feels the sudden gush of warmth in her heart and immediately parts her mouth to take in the small bite. 

She smiles like a baby after every bite that Jeongguk place near her mouth, all giddy and excited. Her innocent pleasure makes its way across the tiny table, straight into his heart. How can he help but fall for her more? Nikki takes a large bite with the enthusiasm of a child and he laughs quietly at her playfulness.