20; She is hiding something

CHAPTER 20

While Jeongguk sulk about not being able to spend valuable time with Nikki, always busy with left out assignments and extra shift at Jin's cafe, Taehyung and Hoseok, the sunshine couple payed their daily visit to her.

He tried to lure her with soft kisses to let him stay longer or skip some more classes, but Nikki isn't having any of his excuses at all. His finals are in less than a month now, and she wants him stay focused rather distracted by her. So, she let him kiss her as much he wants, as much as he desires, but never gives in to keep him away from his own personal life.

Nikki did not want to be a distraction, she wants to be his strength.

"Look at this lover boy, mopping the floor while frowning over his girlfriend," Jin teases while watching Jeongguk from behind the counter with his cousin, Lily standing right beside him.

She smacks his wife shoulders, earning a glare immediately. "Let him be, oppa. You're bullying him way to much," Lily says, looking back at Jeongguk, who is lost in his own little world.

SeokJin snorts, shoving a freshly baked chocolate chip muffin in his mouth. "There is something about teasing him. I can't help myself, you won't understand,"

"I heard that, hyung!" Jeongguk voices out suddenly, making both of them flinch suddenly. Jin throws the half eaten muffin back onto the plate and start rambling at the poor boy. "Yah! You better mop the floor without listening to our personal conversation,"

Jeongguk stops and stares at him. "Well, it's not a personal conversation, when you're legit talking about me," Lily presses her lip into a thin while watching them bicker, silently. "And yeah! She's not my girlfriend, not yet!"

Jin rolls his eyes, dramatically. "Well, whatever you want to call it! You don't whisper sweet nothings to Jimin on the phone while taking small breaks every now and then,"

His eyes widen at the older's words. Jeongguk cannot believe, Jin heard him talk to Nikki that one time in the back room. He drops the mopping tool into the bucket and walks up to him. "How can you hear me talking to someone like that?"

Jin backs up in defence, though he is ready to throw hands but is hiding behind Lily. "Why are you hiding behind me?" Lily whispers in a low voice. Jin chuckles, nervously, "You haven't seen him shirtless. So, you have no idea what he is hiding behind those baggy t-shirts,"

Lily amused by the sudden information, looks back at an embarrassed Jeongguk. "Well, now that you have said it, I see how it is," She coughs, leaving the two alone and Jin screaming for help.

The day ended quickly but for Jeongguk it seems longer than normal. After the little verbal fight with Jin, he decided to take an off for the day. Its already past seven in the evening and he wants to spend more time with Nikki but seems like everything in the universe is going against him.

With a frown plaster on his lips, he parks the bike in the lot and walks towards the entrance of her luxurious apartment building. Jeongguk is hoping to see Nikki alone at her apartment but since past three days, he always catches up either Yoongi and Hani or Taehyung and Hoseok as Jimin and you visit her during the day time.

He reaches the floor and exists the elevator with slow steps. A sweet smile replacing the frown now. It is still unbelievable to him, how quickly they are attaching to one another.