chapter three | mamma mia was less dramatic

Jenny released a sigh in relief after having looked around, searching the cinema and coming up empty for any sign of Daemon Matthews.

She didn't know why she was mildly surprised at what he did. Daemon Matthews had been known at school to be someone who did whatever he wanted to do without a care for the consequences of his actions.

There was no doubt in her mind that Daemon had left the cinema and headed to wherever he would rather be. However, this time Jenny was thankful for what he did.

Now, she didn't have to force small talked it him. Now, she could enjoy Mamma Mia 2 carefree, without having to deal with the awkwardness that came with being around Daemon Matthews.

Jenny smiled genuinely for the first time since her twin and Daemon arrived. Then as the perspiration from her cup of soda dripped onto her hands, her thoughts turned away from Daemon and dawned on the fact that she would be drinking half water and half soda when the movie finally started.

The giggles of Santana echoed towards her, drawing her gaze up and looking for her best friend and her twin.

In the midst of people crowding over towards the theatre as another movie was called out, Jenny's gaze settled onto Jesse and Santana walking over giggling loudly at something one of them had said.

Jenny wondered again what the two of them would think if they ever found out about what had transpired that night five days ago.

She knew Jesse would be torn between feeling guilty because he had left her there and being a bit disappointed in her.

Santana... Santana was the mystery. Jenny couldn't quite know with a certainty what she would feel about all of this.

Just as soon as the thought crossed her mind, did Jenny shake her head to throw it out. She knew that she didn't need to think about it right then and there. As she watched the two lovebirds walk towards her, she made a mental note not to think about that night or anything remotely connected to it. For now, she needed to relax, take a breather and enjoy the movie that she had waited an entire decade for.

Jenny remembered being seven when she saw the first movie. She had fallen in love with the musical themed movie and sang along to the songs as they came on the movie because they were Abba, one of her mom's favourite groups.

She gave a small wave when Santana and Jesse finally saw her. She noted Jesse's frown and knew right away that he was confused by Daemon's absence.

Jenny quickly ran through what to do. Should she lie? Should she say that she didn't know where he was? Should she say that he had gone to the bathroom and drag it as long as she could? Or should she make up an excuse for his disappearance?

There was both an up and a down to each choice. Jenny came up short, wishing a sign would just drop out of the heavens to guide her. She found herself getting annoyed at Daemon for leaving her with the responsibility to explain disappearance.

"Where's Dae?" Santana asked once they reached Jenny. Santana looked around as if she would see her childhood best friend lurking around flirting with a girl or two but quickly came up empty. "Did he go somewhere?"

Without thinking twice about it, Jenny replied, "He said that he wasn't feeling that well and that he wanted to get some rest before school tomorrow. Something about a pop-quiz." The lie flowed little naturally but Jenny knew that she sounded a little but uncertain.

Santana nodded, not the least bit suspicious that Jenny would be saying anything other than the truth. However, Jesse's eyes narrowed at his twin, burning a hole into her as she ignored him. He knew that there was something she's wasn't telling him by the slight hesitation before she answered Santana.