chapter eight | the princess sister

Jenny reddened at the six-year old's audacious question.

She couldn't believe someone so young and innocent even knew the concept of boyfriend and girlfriend.

At her age, I thought boys had cooties and boy germs, Jenny thought as she couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"Well, are you?" Gina said when Jenny still hadn't replied to her question.

"Well, you see-" Jenny began only to be cut off when a loud, "There you are!" echoed in the snack bar, drawing both of their attention towards the direction of the voice.

Glenn looked like he had walked the entire length of the Great Wall of China as he sauntered towards them with a weariness that would draw pity from everyone.

Gina jumped from her seat and ran towards him yelling, "Glenny!"

Jenny watched them hug each other tightly, smiling before she turned away when she felt like she was intruding on their private moment.

She pulled out her phone to distract her and instantly regretted it when she saw the number of missed calls and text messages that popped up.

Seven calls from Santana.

Two from Jesse.

And fifteen from her mom.

Why didn't you tell me about you and Glenn?
-Bestie

Where did you disappear to? Mom's looking for you.
-He Who Lives to Annoy Me

JENNY BEATRICE ARCHER! WHERE DID YOU GO?
-Mom Vader

Jenny didn't bother reading the rest of the messages once she saw that it was pretty much the same thing.

Santana was asking her questions related to Glenn and when and how they had started dating. Jesse was asking her how he could buy tickets to 5SOS' concert in a couple of months. And her mom was telling her to call her back or she would regret it.

Jenny sent them all a simple reply telling them that she was alright and that she would call them later before she turned off her phone just as Glenn and Gina sat down opposite her.

"Next time you do that, I'm not going to be taking you along with me anymore," Glenn said, his attention on the small girl. He looked serious and at the same time relieved.

Jenny knew how worried he had been and was glad that everything had been resolved fast.

"I'm sorry, Glenny," Gina muttered as she stared down at the table, pouting. "I just wanted to let the little puppy."

Glenn sighed, looking torn between remaining angry and comforting his little sister. "How many times have we told you that it's dangerous to go off on your own?"

"Many," Gina replied, tears starting to form in her eyes.

Jenny wanted to reach over and wipe it away and tell her that everything was okay, but she knew it wasn't her place to interfere. This was a family matter and she should stay quiet.

Glenn frowned momentarily before he reached over and hugged Gina. "It's okay now. But please don't do it again, okay Gina?"

Gina nodded as she wrapped her tiny arms around her brother. "I love you Glenny."

"I love you too, princess."