chapter ten | an apple a day doesn't keep the hunger away

Jenny rested her head against her steering wheel as she contemplated what to do.

Her whatever sane, quiet of life that she had pictured before she moved into the quiet town was slowly unraveling before her.

She had pictured herself graduating high school with honors then getting into Stanford or Harvard with with a full scholarship. Her family had the money but she preferred getting herself through college on her own merit. After college, she would find a good job and settle down to a comfortable lifestyle.

Her life plan didn't include the drama that Daemon Matthews brought. Her plan didn't include kissing the notorious player after one drunken night and trying to keep it a secret from everyone she knew. Her plan didn't include a supposed relationship with the student council president who she still didn't know how she felt about. And it especially didn't include her parents trying to get her 'relationship' going.

And to make matters worse, graduation was a mere two months away for those in senior year and she was busy with school and her responsibilities as a member of the council body.

Jenny released a sigh of frustration as her stomach rumbled to remind her that a simple apple for breakfast wasn't enough to satiate the hunger she felt. She had run out of the house earlier than she usually did because she didn't want to run into her parents before she sorted everything out.

She planned on meeting Glenn and apologizing for the misunderstanding and hopefully clear things up with him before she had to tell her parents that the dinner with Glenn later tonight wasn't happening.

Jenny raised her head up from the steering wheel and stared at the clock on screen. It was twenty minutes earlier than when students usually reached school but she knew Glenn would've already been in the council office by then. He was most probably sorting through some plans and documents that they needed to give to the principal by the end of the week.

Jenny took a deep breath to calm and compose herself. She didn't want to seem like a deranged lunatic that had her life going out of control when she meets Glenn in a couple of minutes.

She got out of the car and headed straight towards the building, trying to be as natural as she could be when she met Glenn.

She didn't even know what he would be feeling when she met him. After all, out of nowhere he was suddenly being invited to dinner with her and her family by her twin brother that never really talked to him before as far as Jenny knew. He must've been taken aback by the invitation and especially when Jesse had suggested that their parents knew of their relationship.

Jenny forced a smile on her face before she tapped twice on the door of the council room before she pushed it open.

Her eyes first settled on Glenn as she entered the room before she realized that he wasn't alone. Wayne sat across from him typing away at the computer.

Glenn was busy scribbling on the notebook he always carried around with him.

Wayne was the one to look up first and notice her. His eyes watched her with confusion before he chuckled, "Looks like you're trying to put in the extra work, eh Archer?"

As soon as he said Archer, Glenn tore his eyes off of the notebook in hand and looked up. His eyes widening open in shock before he stood up instantly, "Jen- Jenny, you're here."

Jenny raised her hand up slowly and waved it slightly, "Morning guys."

"What brings you here early?" Wayne asked, arching a brow as he brushed his dreadlocks back into place. "You don't come to school this early."

Jenny have him and hard smile. "Stalking me, aren't you?"

He shrugged. "Just keeping an eye on the competition really. You can't be too careful."